Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-16-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Saudi punishes gang rape victim with 200 lashes

Sounds like the Saudis are where the U.S. was during slavery. Let's give them time to catch up. They are exercising U.S. practices, just those practiced 150 yrs ago.

Every time we point the finger at someone, we have 3 pointing back at us. The invasion of the Philippines in 1897, where we slaughtered 250k men women and children comes to mind......

To get a proper perspective on that number, Germany and Japan only managed to kill 450k Americans during WWII and look at the advanced machinery they had.

Both were 4 year wars.

The Saudis may be behind the current times of the U.S., however, they are not practicing anything the U.S. hasn't practiced.

I'm sure the Native Americans are laughing their asses off at all you pompous boat people who continually point the finger at others.

As early as the 50's, we overthrew an elected leader in Iran, because he wanted to nationalize the oil. Britain didn't like that, so we organized a coup, installed the Shaw and sold him billions in military aid.

There is not a single citizen in Iran who has not had a relative that was not subjected to the Shaw's tyranny.

Get off your high horse.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Get off your high horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, because Americans killed a lot of Filipinos a hundred years ago, it's OK for the Saudis to oppress a woman? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Why are you even citing a bunch of events that happened before most of us were born? They aren't relevant, and certainly not in a moral sense.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Get off your high horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, because Americans killed a lot of Filipinos a hundred years ago, it's OK for the Saudis to oppress a woman? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Why are you even citing a bunch of events that happened before most of us were born? They aren't relevant, and certainly not in a moral sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you have been born, we have invaded Iraq. When your govt. stands the test of human rights, then you can point the finger at others.

The U.S. seems to have this mission of identifying wrongdoers, such as what Turkey did to Armenia. We are a joke when it comes to human rights.

Just look at Campean and Ramos. And let's not forget the "political prisoners" we have had locked up for four years.

Start cleaning up your own house.

That has all occurred since you were born, right?

Ever heard of "waterboarding"
Old 11-16-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Get off your high horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you have been born, we have invaded Iraq. When your govt. stands the test of human rights, then you can point the finger at others.

The U.S. seems to have this mission of identifying wrongdoers, such as what Turkey did to Armenia. We are a joke when it comes to human rights.

Just look at Campean and Ramos. And let's not forget the "political prisoners" we have had locked up for four years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about you, but I've never even been to Iraq, let alone invaded it. And I've certainly never waterboarded anyone. The closest thing I've ever kept to a political prisoner was my cat.

Also,

[ QUOTE ]
Just look at Campean and Ramos.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Get off your high horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about you, but I've never even been to Iraq, let alone invaded it. And I've certainly never waterboarded anyone. The closest thing I've ever kept to a political prisoner was my cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused at what your point is here. Is it that only the person who actually lashes the woman should feel responsible? If that's the case, I disagree.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just look at Campean and Ramos.

[/ QUOTE ]

"LOL!" ?????

They are political prisoners of the Bush legal system that sent a strong message to the border agents.

5 million undocumented immigrants have slipped thru the borders (since Bush took office) to fuel Bush's Big Business Machine with cheap labor and it was a huge victory to jail those two and deflate the morale of the agents.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:05 PM

She knew the rules.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She knew the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right! That means the US is ok to embrace any country as an ally that makes the rules clear no matter how oppressive they are. I get it now.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She knew the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right! That means the US is ok to embrace any country as an ally that makes the rules clear no matter how oppressive they are. I get it now.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you believe our government is not oppressive to its own citizens, i.e. Patriot Act etc., and therefore you embrace the United States Government right now?

Are you part of the 11% of Americans who embrass their Congress right now?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She knew the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think drug laws are oppressive. But I don't break the law.