Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Diving Back Into Online Play

HI Everyone,
Not sure if this is the right forum for this post but here goes. I am looking for some advice about stepping back into online play. I played a bit online at Ultimatebet about 4-5 years ago, lost about $500, mostly in tournaments, over two years and decided to just play live for the last several years. This has been the first year that I have really tracked my winnings and I am sitting at 1.32 BB/hour at 8/16 kill over a period of 350 hours for the year.

I am putting $600 into full tilt for the rake back essentially. I was wondering what to expect at the limit hold em tables. I am going to be staying between 1/2-3/6 unless I can build to ove $1500 at which point I will probably start taking stabs at 5/10. I guess I am just looking for some advice as to what to expect with the online game post-boom, especially at these limits. Most of my live play over the years has been either at the 5/10 at foxwoods, the 8/16 at Canterbury or the 8/16 at Desert Diamond in Tucson, AZ. If anyone can compare games for me, that would be a big help. And if this is in the wrong forum, sorry.

Thanks in advance for any help.

BMA
Old 11-11-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Diving Back Into Online Play

[ QUOTE ]
Most of my live play over the years has been either at the 5/10 at foxwoods, the 8/16 at Canterbury or the 8/16 at Desert Diamond in Tucson, AZ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing 1-2 online is probably going to be tougher than any of those games. For sure, it is going to be tougher than the 8-16 at Canterbury. Don't expect that the online games are going to be a lot easier than the live games that you have been playing in. If you have the time to play live, I think that that is probably the best choice, but if you don't, be careful, and work your way up through the limits. You probably have the skills to beat a game as high as 5-10, but you want to work your way up, to get used to the higher aggression, and tighter play that you will be playing against online.