Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: The Well: Lefort

How do you keep your focus when you move up? I know you talked about playing 25/50 and then deciding it wasn't worth it, and I'm about ready to say that about anything >1/2. I play really well there, but whenever I move up I lose confidence and tilt, which is something I NEVER do anymore at 1/2. I'll lose a buy-in at 2/4 and then lose focus and forget how the [censored] to play poker. Any advice for moving up stakes and dealing with silly psychological issues?
Old 11-03-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
who do you think is better, cts, aba or taylor ? :P I know stupid question, but i wanna know.

Oh yeah what do you do against tilt? Did you have probs with it, if so how did you solve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It`s better to ask him who would he rather play out of the 3.

[/ QUOTE ]
ya indeed, also purely NLHE [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .
Old 11-03-2007, 06:19 PM

Got a hot date to prep for.. be back to answer later, hopefully with a good trip report.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
best advice you've ever received ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hands down, being told about 2p2.. don't remember where/when..

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think of g-p's play in this post and is it all one big level?

g-p's 1/2nl river bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate it.. lol.. He's repping JJ and only JJ. His only hope is that his villain has COMPLETE air and/or is not of the capability to understand that he's not repping anything... *DISCLAIMER* I didn't spend much time looking at it or reading responses..

[ QUOTE ]
on another note, i think its rediculously admirable that you can be a top level player and still focus a ton on academics...

How many hands do you average monthly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. My monthly hands over the past ~16 months has ranged anywhere from 10k - 55k and probably averaging 30k. I have trouble playing more than a couple hours a day, simply from boredom.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you would have to sort there aspect of poker by importance for moving up, how would you sort them ?

bankroll mngt, controlling tilt, game selection, other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... can I answer, "all of the above"? You generally need to be "sufficient" enough in all those aspects to successfully move up in stakes. I would recommend using game selection to find the weakest table or 2 at the new stake, while filling the rest of your tables with your old stake. You can slowly adjust to the higher stakes and eventually be playing all tables there.. atleast thats how I do it.

[ QUOTE ]
who do you think is better, cts, aba or taylor ? :P I know stupid question, but i wanna know.

Oh yeah what do you do against tilt? Did you have probs with it, if so how did you solve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cole, no question. Mostly just because I haven't played or watched aba and gp as much, but to me, Cole's videos are 10x more informative and really display why he's so good.

As for tilt, I've never had any *real* problems with it. If I'm having a bad session, my thoughts definitely become clouded but I've rarely gotten to the point where I'm making super bad decisions because of my emotions. I wrote a semi-interesting blurb about tilt on my blog, 2nd last post.. http://lefort.livejournal.com/ I usually play guitar after a bad session and that seems to put things back in perspective... but if that doesn't work, I go toss some weights around at the gym.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:48 AM

probably a dumb question but...is there anything you can tell us about the way you play 5/10 or 10/20nl compared to when you play msnl? or anything different that you notice the good players at hsnl do that msnl players dont? or just anything at all you want to talk about regarding the transition from msnl to hsnl?
Old 11-04-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you keep your focus when you move up? I know you talked about playing 25/50 and then deciding it wasn't worth it, and I'm about ready to say that about anything >1/2. I play really well there, but whenever I move up I lose confidence and tilt, which is something I NEVER do anymore at 1/2. I'll lose a buy-in at 2/4 and then lose focus and forget how the [censored] to play poker. Any advice for moving up stakes and dealing with silly psychological issues?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

As for tilt, I've never had any *real* problems with it. If I'm having a bad session, my thoughts definitely become clouded but I've rarely gotten to the point where I'm making super bad decisions because of my emotions. I wrote a semi-interesting blurb about tilt on my blog, 2nd last post.. http://lefort.livejournal.com/ I usually play guitar after a bad session and that seems to put things back in perspective... but if that doesn't work, I go toss some weights around at the gym.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-04-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It`s better to ask him who would he rather play out of the 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither. I'm a game selection junkie.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If I had to, probably Cole just because I know his game a little more.. but he'd still pwn me..
Old 11-04-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
probably a dumb question but...is there anything you can tell us about the way you play 5/10 or 10/20nl compared to when you play msnl? or anything different that you notice the good players at hsnl do that msnl players dont? or just anything at all you want to talk about regarding the transition from msnl to hsnl?

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, its been a year since I played 3/6 or lower so its difficult for me to comment. I think good HSNL regulars are just better at beating regulars than MSNL regulars, and thats why they move up.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Got a hot date to prep for.. be back to answer later, hopefully with a good trip report.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hot girls that don't put out suck... back to ugly ones...