Default Re: Man kills 2 People While 911 Is Telling Him Not To

diablo - yes
Old 11-28-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boris,

Did you listen to the whole 911 call?

[/ QUOTE ]

I listed to the whole thing also, and I can't help but think that while a transcript of the call would probably help in charging him with murder, the actual audio will probably get him off.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:47 PM

This is why I'm afraid of coming to USA, every person got a gun, I would feel much safer in Iraq! lol
Old 11-28-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boris, which parts of 'Wanna make a bet? I'm gonna kill 'em' and 'Bang you're dead' makes you think he wasn't intending to kill these guys?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he was responding to a hypothetical of the 911 operator saying "You're going to get shot."
[ QUOTE ]
Believing that he has the right to take out burglars is a legit point of view. I don't agree with it, but it's legit. But listening to that phone call and coming away with the belief that he went outside solely because his property was under serious threat, took every possible precaution to avoid injuring these guys, and fired only because he was threatened and there was no other to protect himself, is extraordinary.

[/ QUOTE ]
Neither was the case, IMO. He certainly didn't have the right to just kill them because they had a bag o' loot. Legal maybe, but I don't think anybody defending him is talking about that. He went into an extremely stressful situation with incomplete information (Are they armed? What's in his hand? Is he trying to run at me or past me?) and had to make a decision quickly. He didn't have to be 100% certain he was acting in self-defense. For the thieves, any response other than dropping their bag and raising their hands was going to be incredibly dangerous.

JMO. I've picked up somebody else's gun thinking there was a small possibility I might have to shoot somebody, and that was extremely stressful. Not getting shot, not having friends shot, and not going to jail (weird, given I'd done absolutely nothing illegal, but didn't know WTF was going on) were the main thoughts in my head, along with "Holy [censored] [censored]" over and over. I certainly didn't want to shoot anybody, but the thought process at the time is that you aren't about to shoot somebody who isn't threatening you, so whoever that person is his welfare isn't much of a priority compared to mine.

Running towards a guy with a shotgun 15 feet away in the hopes he wouldn't shoot him was suicide, IMO (if that was what happened). I might have had a very similar conversation with the 911 operator, and gone out there strictly in the hopes of detaining those guys, but could see things easily going south quickly if the bad guys did something idiotic like run towards me. Not because they would have deserved, but because I'd have been scared poopless and had a split-second life or death decision to make.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:00 PM

This guy is scum. He is far, far worse than they two burglars. Jesus Christ.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm fully in favor gun ownership and the right to defend yourself, but this seems excessive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not. If this mouth breather had to use a bat he would have stayed home. Guns make killing people too easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually,edit: yep, it makes it easier for individual's protecting themselves, family, and home to kill criminals
Old 11-28-2007, 07:07 PM

This thread is an embarrassment to EDF, fwiw.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:13 PM

Assessment: This guy wasn't in imminent danger, and there's no way a jury's going to let him get off after wasting two guys for burglarizing a house, when they posed him minimal threat. His entire attitude suggests vigilantism, all the times he said "I'm not gonna let them get away with this!" is evidence of that. He said he had to "protect himself" as they were leaving the window of a neighbor's house, his mind was pretty much made up, he's lucky if they turned out to be armed and on his property.

This guy's guilty as sin of murder.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:13 PM

He waited until the robbers were fleeing to step in, so it's not like he was blood thirsty. His intentions seem pretty clear. He wanted to protect his neighbor's property and not let criminals get away. His life is > their lives and they could be armed, so he is a little trigger happy.

There's almost 0% chance the robbers were pranksters or anything else of the sort. I'm sure Texans in upscale neighborhoods are that close to two low income black guys??

The guy probably saved a few lives by doing this. If the criminals tried to rob the house when someone was home unexpectedly, what are the chances of them shooting the home owner? What are the chances these guys commit another crime when they get away with this? What are the chances they kill someone next time? What about all the other criminals or would-be criminals that hear about this and think again?
Old 11-28-2007, 07:18 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

To be honest I have no problem with what the guy did. I think that shooting people robbing houses isnt a real bad thing for society to have. Things like calling the guy a hero are what is completely baffling to me.
Closed Thread