Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Dog the Bounty Hunter... irony bomb explodes

naggers make me sick.
woogy boogy [censored] woogy booy
Old 11-02-2007, 12:23 AM

Don't worry....He will be back in a year like Imus.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:28 AM

Old 11-02-2007, 12:30 AM

Old 11-02-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice hand sir
Old 11-02-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

FWIW, I've actually come across a bunch of people, generally older people in the South, who use the word and aren't really racist at all. That's just the word they use to describe black people, just like I use black and not African-American.

[/ QUOTE ]

not worth much to me b/c it's a habit that stuck from a time when the word was used in a derogatory fashion. they may not mean it maliciously, but they have to have some sense of social awareness. yes language is dynamic, but whenever that word exits a person's mouth (white, black, or w/e) the negative connotation will remain, as it should imo. just b/c someone isn't racist does not make it ok say the n-word b/c "they don't mean it in a bad way." why can't you say black/african american, why would you feel the need to use a word w/such a negative connotation? (using the general you)
Old 11-02-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

FWIW, I've actually come across a bunch of people, generally older people in the South, who use the word and aren't really racist at all. That's just the word they use to describe black people, just like I use black and not African-American.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true. I live in Miss for a while and I heard that word a decent bit; it is just the word they used.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true. I live in Miss for a while and I heard that word a decent bit; it is just the word they used.

[/ QUOTE ]

again, i don't think this means anything. you cannot compare using black instead of african-american to n*gger instead of black/african-american.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yet when i call them inbread crackers they cop an attitude.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HEY GUIDS, are you going to answer the question or ignore it and pretend you haven't painted yourself into a corner?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just think it's funny for Duane Chapman to be calling other people n****r, when he has done time for murder 1, has 11 kids(many whom he had no hand in raising) by 5 different women, has a daughter who gave birth at the age of 15, has a daughter who died in a drug-related automobile wreck and has a son who has done prison time for drug-related charges.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post says more about you than it does about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really don't think it does. to me, it says a lot about dog. i mean.. literally, it says a lot about him.

it doesn't really say much about illeagle, i gotta tell ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with dids. I dont see how there is any confusion. the guy is equating the word [censored], which is a slang term for black people, with murder, having a bunch of kids that he isnt raising, drugs, etc.

Ill now inevitably get a bunch of people to now say that [censored] arent the same as black people, a [censored] is just a type of black person. well, this is [censored], it is justification for being racist (to what degree? I dunno).

[/ QUOTE ]
So then you believe Chris Rock is a racist because he says "I love black people but I hate n****rs."?

[/ QUOTE ]
Is Chris Rock a BS facilitator of racism?

Are the creators of this video facilitating racism?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rN2VqFPNS8w

[/ QUOTE ]

is chris rock a racist? no, is he facilitating racism? yes.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you're saying it's unacceptable to ridicule a certain portion of a group(thug culture) that gives the whole group(black people as a whole) a bad name?

If so, then I strongly disagree with you. Look at FBI statistics and you will see that in America, black people(12% of the population) are responsible for 70% of this nation's violent crime.

Now you and I know this fantastically disgusting statistic isn't due to race, it's due to the thug life [censored] subculture, which is largely being encouraged by white owned media corporations like Viacom. Kids are coming home from school today and turning on BET to watch the likes of Fifty Cent and that HeyBayBay guy rap about banging hoes, slinging junk and carrying firearms. Man, that's [censored], and there's no reason the whole black race should have to shoulder the blame for this disgrace.

And you, by insisting that these facts be kept in the dark, by insisting that this critical subject is too taboo to be discussed, you are the one facilitating racism by encouraging ignorance of what's really going on.