Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2006, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Gamboholic\"?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I emailed Party awhile back and asked them to take away my ability to chat. I didn't even want the option available to me. They turned it off for 999 days, no questions asked. I know a couple of others who have done this as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand why you would do this...can't resist from the %#$@#!#$@#$!@s after a suckout?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once in a great while this would happen, yes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Every once in awhile somebody mentions that they live nearby and they start asking questions. You know the deal. I'm too nice and not good at ignoring people, so I would feel obligated to answer. Lame casual conversation with stranger ensues.

In short, it's too much of a distraction for me when 10-tabling. Not being able to chat actually also seems to have a slight positive effect on my mental state during play.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:05 PM

I use to be a $215 regular like a year ago or something for a short while, and I bugged gamboholic_ in all 4 of my tables, in buddly list private messages, and finally got him/her to say "FU" in the chat too me. So he/her does CHAT! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And I hear that it barely beats the games, maybe low roi%/breakeven player playing for lots of rakeback.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played with him/her in a $50NL game last summer and he/she was very vocal about letting the fish know when they sucked out. FWIW I didn't rate his/her game much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt this was the real gambo...Never seen Gamboholic_ play
cash games.

[ QUOTE ]
I use to be a $215 regular like a year ago or something for a short while, and I bugged gamboholic_ in all 4 of my tables, in buddly list private messages, and finally got him/her to say "FU" in the chat too me. So he/her does CHAT!

And I hear that it barely beats the games, maybe low roi%/breakeven player playing for lots of rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember about probably 6 months ago I came home after a late night(kinda bombed)and saw Gambo talking and being a complete A$$hole to the people at her table, but I dont remember if it was "gamboholic_" or "gamb0holic_" or whatever else. Maybe she has chat banned b/c she cant control herself?
Old 03-01-2006, 05:53 PM

Why do you all think its a woman?
Old 03-01-2006, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I played with him/her in a $50NL game last summer and he/she was very vocal about letting the fish know when they sucked out. FWIW I didn't rate his/her game much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly highly doubt its the same person. There are quite a few similar names on Party. ie. Gamboho1ic, Gamb0holic, Gamboholic_, etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

I was curious so I did check the name against the PP leader boards at the time and the name matched exactly. Could be same dude, drunk messing around or a buddy playing same account?
Old 03-02-2006, 01:43 AM

I don't know whether it's true or not, but I am serious. I was told that by other players on PP. Here's one link to get you started.

http://www.pokerforums.org/archive/i...hp/t-3991.html
Old 03-02-2006, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know whether it's true or not, but I am serious. I was told that by other players on PP. Here's one link to get you started.

http://www.pokerforums.org/archive/i...hp/t-3991.html

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even need to read it. Bots don't play 500$ SNG's.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:24 AM

Suny, which school did/are you graduating from?
Old 03-02-2006, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

omg you really should, here is the reason why gambo is a bot according to the person...

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,
Here is pp's response. Regardless of what they say, I still think that it's a bot. As for tendencies on this account.
Real tight play early on
Raises atleast 5 times the BB earlyon with JJ, QQ, KK, AA, AK or AQ
Calls big raises with any pair
When the blinds get high - regardless of wether it's down to 3 or 7, he goes allin with any ace. But what is interesting is that he will also reraise allin if someone raises before him with any ace. For example, $215 sit&go, it's down to 6 of us and we are all pretty even in chips. Blinds are 200-100 and gamboholic has about 1800 in chips on the button. Someone in early position raises to 900 and gamboholic reraises allin. The early position raiser turns over KK and gamboholic turns over A7o. Gamboholic actually hit two sevens to win that - lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

so classic.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

omg you really should, here is the reason why gambo is a bot according to the person...

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,
Here is pp's response. Regardless of what they say, I still think that it's a bot. As for tendencies on this account.
Real tight play early on
Raises atleast 5 times the BB earlyon with JJ, QQ, KK, AA, AK or AQ
Calls big raises with any pair
When the blinds get high - regardless of wether it's down to 3 or 7, he goes allin with any ace. But what is interesting is that he will also reraise allin if someone raises before him with any ace. For example, $215 sit&go, it's down to 6 of us and we are all pretty even in chips. Blinds are 200-100 and gamboholic has about 1800 in chips on the button. Someone in early position raises to 900 and gamboholic reraises allin. The early position raiser turns over KK and gamboholic turns over A7o. Gamboholic actually hit two sevens to win that - lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

so classic.

[/ QUOTE ]

For you, Sponger, I read it.

And...obviously I'm convinced. He raises with big pairs everytime? WOWOWOWOWOWOW.