Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Pokerstars Mod Feedback Plz

so i was bored yesterday & decided to make a table mod for my stars account & i would appreciate some feedback. here it is. was somewhat a quickie job & is still a work in progress.

also, i was wondering if there is anyway i can change the font/edit the text inside the circle in any way (ex: seat open in the pic)? i looked @ some other posts, & someone said change/edit the .bmp in the action folder, but i don't seem to have an action folder...? & also, is there any way to edit the cards, & if so, which files? i haven't really seen too many stars cards mods so i figured i would give it a shot. thx.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars Mod Feedback Plz

looks kool can I steal it? if so how would I go about doing that?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:26 PM

thats pretty well done, photoshop?
Old 06-28-2007, 01:35 AM

thx trixter. yeah i edited using photoshop.
i'll put it up after i am done w/ everything if you're interested demon.

so, can any one help me w/ my original question? if so, i'd greatly appreciate it. & also, how do i get rid of the circle seats & have only the box w/ name floating like in this mod? http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post10599881

sorry if the questions are really basic & i'm missing the obvious answers, it's my first time trying to mod. thx in advance, suggestions are welcome.

& oh, if people would put up their own home brewed mods or good ones they currently use so i could get some ideas i would appreciate it as well.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how do i get rid of the circle seats & have only the box w/ name floating

[/ QUOTE ]

Left-Click on the chip box on the table, click on the "Choose Theme..." button, select "No Images Theme"

Warning... by default when you run PokerStars you actually run PokerStarsUpdate.exe, which checks to see if there are any update. If not, it runs PokerStars.exe. If there are updates, it downloads the updates WHICH OVERWRITE THE bg.jpg file, which you know is the actual table.

I have changed my icon to run PokerStars.exe. Then every so often I'll hand run PokerStarsUpdate.exe and copy my backup bg.jpg file to the correct place.

-----------Meow

Edit: Card Mods??? Linky [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2007, 07:12 AM

thx for the heads up kitty, it's very much appreciated. however, i was referring to getting rid of the round seat altogether, not just the player images inside of them (see link above for sample pic).

anyways, here is a progress report.

@ 6 max table w/ card back mods:

@ full ring table w/ card face mods:

card face mod:

card back mod:

the card face/back design were inspired by (jacked from) rienna (?) from the FTP mod thread. i am still tweaking stuff & testing it out. any feedback or suggestions? i think i'll try to tackle the text/font types of the cards next.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:26 PM

nice work, anyway to get those cards bigger. If so and i can use them ill ship u a couple bucks.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thx for the heads up kitty, it's very much appreciated. however, i was referring to getting rid of the round seat altogether, not just the player images inside of them (see link above for sample pic).

[/ QUOTE ]

Try it again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-----------Meow
Old 06-28-2007, 03:37 PM

I have tried several different things all to no avail....how did you get that cardmod to work? I really like it, but can't get it to work.

Can someone walk me thru it? thanks.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:39 PM

lol thx kitty. i think i misread your post before, but yeah, i get what you're saying. thx alot.

ih8money, i just made the cards the same dimensions as the one found in my pokerstars gx folder. i don't know how to make them bigger right now, but i'll work on it. does anyone else know?

episteme, after i am done i'll upload all the files & basically all you will have to do is copy & paste the files into your stars subdirectories (gx & themes) to overwrite the files there & viola. you will also have to perform the steps as mentioned by kitty in his post above.

almost done. will make variations of this theme (diff color schemes) & this first one should be up soon.

thx for the suggestions/help thus far.