Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Absolute Does Not Respond to Two Plus Two’s Fraud Investigation O

There are two types of "investigations" in this world. One is to find the truth, and the other is part of a public relations "damage control program".

Absolute Poker already knows what was done, when it was done, how often, who did it, and who knew about it.

The contracted "independent investigation" is designed to eventually "prove" that the "security breach" was an isolated event, in a very small window of time, by one "former employee", and that the problem has been permanently resolved and can never happen again.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are two types of "investigations" in this world. One is to find the truth, and the other is part of a public relations "damage control program".

Absolute Poker already knows what was done, when it was done, how often, who did it, and who knew about it.

The contracted "independent investigation" is designed to eventually "prove" that the "security breach" was an isolated event, in a very small window of time, by one "former employee", and that the problem has been permanently resolved and can never be discovered again.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-08-2007, 12:22 PM

Dear Mason,

Please can you put some dates to your statement, eg. when AP contacted you, how long it's been with no response, etc.

I hear that Scott Tom is still Mr Absoloot Fraud behind the scenes, so I don't expect your audit offer to be accepted.

Good for you in getting 2+2 officially involved, anyway. May we assume Nat's fine work on behalf of the brand now has your blessing...? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 12:22 PM

if absolute doesnt suffer as a site than no site is safe. it doesnt matter whether you play their site or who discovered the cheating. i just think as much pressure needs to be applied to absolute from as many directions as possible.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the peak number of cash game players on AP each day, the last 61 days. It looks like they lost customers for over a week when the scandal broke, and now they are back to their former growth rate, having lost 10% of their customer base.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 11-08-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Absolute Does Not Respond to Two Plus Two’s Fraud Investigation Offer

Yea, my last 8 emails to absolute and vegaspoker 24/7 have fallen on deaf ears.

My affiliate has also attempted to contact them about financial matters on my behalf (other than the cheating scandal) and has yet to get a reply.

Big WTF here

Lastly, so the information is out there, ABSOLUTE POKER UNDERPAID ME FOR THE CHEATING SCANDAL AND HAS YET TO RESPOND TO MULTIPLE REQUESTS TO SPEAK ABOUT THE MATTER (they also promised a callback which never took place).
Old 11-08-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is the peak number of cash game players on AP each day, the last 61 days. It looks like they lost customers for over a week when the scandal broke, and now they are back to their former growth rate, having lost 10% of their customer base.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks to me like the higher limit games have been practically wiped out since the scandal. I'm sure the amount of rake they take in is down. I'll bet some of the affiliates hanging around here have a good idea how much, too.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That isn't quite accurate, they paid out more than was cheated. For example, in the 98 person POTRIPPER tournament they paid out $1K to every person in the event plus they bumped everyone up a spot. That is well more than the $30K that was cheated by POTRIPPER.

[/ QUOTE ]

In any kind of regulated environment there would also have been a HUGE punitive damage award. The ~$200K AP spent doing damage control disbursing POTRIPPER tournament cash would be a tiny drop in the bucket. Same thing with any money they return to their cash game players.

AP is getting off dirt cheap because there is no regulating authority forcing them to pay punitive damages.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that in the US punitive damages can be quite substantial, in other juristictions, Canada for instance, punitive damages are a joke. I can site a case where a bottleing company was warned they were putting caps on too tight, did it anyway and blinded a young woman and paid only low six figures in punative damages.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:07 PM

looking at chat boxes on various sites it seems the news about AP has travelled quite far.only a tiny minority read forums who play online. so well done 2+2 ers..the only negative effect is that the average joe now thinks all sites are like that.so AP surviving in its current state will be terrible for online poker in gerneral ..
Old 11-08-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks to me like the higher limit games have been practically wiped out since the scandal. I'm sure the amount of rake they take in is down. I'll bet some of the affiliates hanging around here have a good idea how much, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad if that's true. I agree with the poster who said if they don't suffer, no site is safe. I don't know why anyone would play high stakes there again. It's a stressful enough job, without having to wonder if the management is cheating you. I am sure a few have done well there, but they would likely have had the same success elsewhere.