Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 08:20 PM

Default US Player Depositing with Credit Card

Cliff Notes: Want to deposit via credit card, my bank won't allow it, what banks do people have that currently allow it?, F- epassorte

If this is the wrong forum please feel free to move it.

I am looking to deposit into Pokerstars and UB. I live in the DC area and Pokerstars was not able to process my VISA transaction. I am not sure why since less than a year ago I was able to use the same card to deposit at Bodog. I currently have ChevyChase Bank. What National Bank chains or banks local to DC are people using that do not get rejected. I tried to use epassporte to deposit the $500 daily limit and it was rejected because my zip code didn't match. I updated my information, the transaction still didn't go through, and now I have $1500 in pending transactions that epassporte and my ChevyChase can't rectify for at least 72 hours. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am done with both epassporte and ChevyChase.

Thanks
Old 11-05-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: US Player Depositing with Credit Card

You can use the All access visa gift card. They work on FTP and PS. You can find them in your area at www.allaccessgift.com .
Old 11-05-2007, 08:47 PM

Thanks for the reply JDUB.

Do you or anyone else have any experience with these cards at UB? I am wondering what the procedure is when I go to my local gas station and want to give them $1000. I plan on depositing in full at UB.

I already have a $300 epassporte pending for stars but I guess I will try to use this for UB as well. I want to take advantage of rakeback and the deposit bonus and I already have an account with FTP.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:15 PM

I just did a search and came across an interesting link. It looks as if this card works sometimes on some sites depending upon if you do or don't register it online. (Most say don't register it.) The only thing that sucks is that it looks like you can only load with $100 for each card. I wonder how that would affect trying to get the maximum bonus through UB. Here is the link if anyone is interested or is in the same boat as me.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1
Old 11-05-2007, 10:29 PM

I've had no problem making a deposit with my Wells Fargo debit card. I've had to do it twice at PStars, and it was approved within minutes.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:42 PM

Thank you for the reply Gina. I took a look Wells Fargo's website to see if they had any near me (D.C.) but they don't. It looks as if this is mostly a west and midwest bank. At least this info helps people on the left coast.

Anybody have any info for MidAtlantic or East Coast Banks. I don't think this prepaid card option is ideal for the amount I want to deposit. I also can't stand epassporte.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:45 AM

I tried a Visa on UB 4 months ago and it wouldn't go thru. I think I saw that it's a new Visa rule about gambling sites. I could be way off on that. I then tried my debit card and had no problem.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:46 AM

My Visa debit card worked last night on UB. It's through Member's Heritage Credit Union. Probably local, but I know UB is still taking Visa debit cards.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:31 PM

Anyone else have that same luck with the visa gift cards? I too suffer having to use epassporte. I had to use my checking acount, so it took seven days for the "check" to clear. I tried my Visa, but my bank is a credit union and won't allow it. It would be easiest if I could use the gift cards. Perhaps, if pokerstars doesn't take gift cards, epassporte will.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:16 PM

I guess I will try to use my Visa Debit Card on UB. If that doesn't work it looks like my best option from reading other threads would be to use Western Union or MoneyGram. Pokerstars sent me an email saying that you cannot purchase the Western Union with a debit card though. I will probably use cash. I hadn't deposited since the UIGEA and didn't realize how many hoops I would have to jump through. I never thought I'd say this but I wish I hadn't cashed out of Bodog.