Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is this a good idea or a bad idea?
Good 10 66.67%
Bad 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!*****

[ QUOTE ]
I hope your post is some serious leveling, but I'm not really sure

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-03-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me too otherwise it's seriously retarded
Old 11-03-2007, 02:01 PM

[censored] hate Arse

Disappointed in the way the game finished obv... would have taken a point before the game but can't believe Rio fell asleep on that last goal...

I think they (Arse) have like 8 of next 11 games away from the emirates... gonna be interesting to see how they fare during that stretch... early season schedule was very favorable for them.

Get bent gooners.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-03-2007, 04:05 PM

anyone who saw the game, can you comment on how both teams looked.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think they (Arse) have like 8 of next 11 games away from the emirates... gonna be interesting to see how they fare during that stretch... early season schedule was very favorable for them.

[/ QUOTE ] TBH, I look at our schedule coming up, and every game looks winnable. I just have tons of confidence in the team. I am sure you guys probably feel the same way about ManU as well. Should be a crackin race for the title.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone who saw the game, can you comment on how both teams looked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll preface it by saying I'm a diehard Gunners fan that was on 4 hours of sleep.

I thought we looked a little nervous in the first half and played a more conservative style of play than we have all year. Wenger obviously was nervous about being countered because we played the 4-5-1 all game and for the whole first half never got more than 2 guys in the box (except for the FK that Gallas got a good head on).

The 2nd half really opened up though due to Rooney's goal right before half. We played like we had all year and just went at them for most the half.

ManU showed why they are the defending champs. Their experience in really big games showed. They capitalized on both of their big chances. God knows what Almunia was doing coming out on the 2nd goal though. I didn't see the defender who was trailing Evra by a foot but Almunia should have made Evra beat him from that angle rather than give Ronaldo the empty netter.

Despite that though Arsenal still looked like the better team. We dominated possession as much as one team can in a match between two teams with as much quality. What was lacking was quality in the final third. Adebayor really did not make much of an impact. Hleb was just outstanding though playing the holding spot behind him. Eboue and Rosicky played much better games than they did against Liverpool. Cesc and Flamini were steady as always as were our two center-backs. Clichy and Sagna though were a bit below par and it costed us.

We didn't do enough to win I don't think but the draw was very much deserved. I would have settled for it before the match as would most I think. All in all, still top of the table with a game in hand. I'm content.

Edit: [censored] Rooney, [censored] Ronaldo, [censored] Evra and Anderson. [censored].
Old 11-03-2007, 07:02 PM

I think I see the problem. I was thinking of the MLS and the playoffs this week. They are finishing up their home and away games. These would require overtime and a shootout. So, disregard question number 1.

As for the uni's. I noticed that a lot of Prem teams used the dayglo yellow as their away strip, but not as many this year. Was it required in previous years? I am wondering, because those kits are ugly and I see that Chelsea seems to be the last hold out with those.

As for strategy, a lot of people on these boards are soccer noobs. I think this thread needs more game analysis and strategy. I watched the game today, and my mom and dad agree with my comments. Again, why doesn't Rooney try some more juggling in the box, and why does Arsenal refuse to try the BIG FOOT play? Passing is all well and good, but when you move the ball up with a bunch of passes, the defense has a chance to get set.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the uni's. I noticed that a lot of Prem teams used the dayglo yellow as their away strip, but not as many this year. Was it required in previous years? I am wondering, because those kits are ugly and I see that Chelsea seems to be the last hold out with those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not a shirt I'd buy but I think they look great . . .
Old 11-03-2007, 07:12 PM

Pretty sure United last wore yellow in the 70s