Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Re: What does it take to outrun the fuzz?

make sure you know the area like the back of your hand.
make sure your license plate is not easily seen.
make sure you avoid intersections with cameras.
make sure you have a buddy as a partner who is looking back/around at all times to help you navigate.
make sure you are wearing a helmet and have seat belt and front/side airbags.
make sure you have a very good lawyer
Old 08-06-2007, 01:11 AM

I went to high school in west central MN (beat?). My parents lived about 10 miles outside of the nearest small town, and do not have a neighbor within a mile. One night when I was 18 or 19 at around 3 am I was heading home from a friends place on a county road(sober I think) going 85 in a 55. I met a cop for the first time ever at night on that road at the top of a hill around 1 mile from my parents house. Between that hill, and my parents driveway are 2 curves in the road that I had never taken over 75 mph. In the split second that I had to react, I say eff it and floor it. I fly around those curves as fast as my car can handle, prolly 85-90 mph. Turn my headlights off as soon as I reach my parents driveway (about 1/4 mile long with a 90* curve half way), and creep up to the house as quiet as possible. I get out of the car and realize that it is absolutely dead silent. You can hear cars from miles away, and I know for a fact that he had turned around for me because I could see his headlights illuminating the trees behind me as I rounded the first curve. So I chill and smoke a bowl and a couple cigs on my parents deck, baffled by what has happened. Just as I'm about to head inside to bed I hear a car at the end of my driveway start up and take off. He must have figured I did not live there, and just sought refuge on the driveway, and would leave when I thought the coast was clear.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just dont speed in the first place you [censored] morons.

And if you do, accept the punishment for being caught instead of being a retard and putting more peoples lives in danger.

If it were possible, id like to see you run from the cops, accidentally run yourself over on the street, then get arrested and thrown in prison for 25 years of hard anal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it natural for me to hate people who say [censored] like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if youre a douchebag like the rest of the scum in this thread who are advocating running from cops.

I hope half of you get imprisoned for vehicular homcide when you kill the other half.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh my god Phill will you just shut up. You douche up almost every single thread you post in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-06-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just dont speed in the first place you [censored] morons.

And if you do, accept the punishment for being caught instead of being a retard and putting more peoples lives in danger.

If it were possible, id like to see you run from the cops, accidentally run yourself over on the street, then get arrested and thrown in prison for 25 years of hard anal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it natural for me to hate people who say [censored] like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if youre a douchebag like the rest of the scum in this thread who are advocating running from cops.

I hope half of you get imprisoned for vehicular homcide when you kill the other half.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh my god Phill will you just shut up. You douche up almost every single thread you post in.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok... Phil once told me "i hope you get run over by a drunk driver tomorrow.
(Note, i only hope you are paralysed from the neck downward and so cant drive ever again, not that you die. That would be harsh)"

But it's ok, because later on he told me it was "nothing personal."
Old 08-06-2007, 10:32 AM

To give context HitHard is a repeat drink driver.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:48 AM

you people are horrible
If you want to our run the cops you have one chance go as FAST as you can to the next exit and find some driveway or hidden area quick, anymore then one exit you are dead meat because he is gonna snag you with his radio when he calls ahead to one of the pursuit cars (which are usually High Performance newer American muscle (Camaro's, New Chargers here in NYC and Mustangs down south) I've even seen a Vette once. Your little ricers only chance is around some turns and curves if you go for a straight out drag you lose.

I've done the dip and duck down back streets that works well.

Just friendly advice , take the ticket , if you get caught kiss your car and lic goodbye . Speeding over a certain amount (usually set to +40) is an insta lic revocation on the spot and probably a night in the pokey.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:17 AM

Outrunning the police has a lot more to do with the situation presented to you then it does what kind of car in you're in. Situations where it's a good idea to do so should be really obvious to you and not involve any debating about if you should do it or not. If you have to think, it's not a good idea.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:21 PM

IMHO it's more about knowing the neighborhood than anything else. I think being on a motorcycle in the city is probably the easiest place to do it, especially in a big city with lots of one ways and weird half-blocked streets and pedestrian only passages that you could blow through, I'm sure you could easily lose the cops. On the highway would be almost impossible because they can Id you and call ahead and you have no way to lose them.

I've never tried to lose a cop in a car but I've done it twice now on a bicycle, once long ago in college and just recently in SF the [censored] popo decided to crack down on all the bikes that breeze through stop signs. Basically if you're on a bike and you're halfway decent at riding, you're retarded to ever stop and get a ticket, it's so easy to outrun a cop and they don't consider you worth really chasing.

BTW my GF just got a ticket in the Muni for not having the fare stub and I was kinda imagining in my head how hard it would be to outrun the cops on foot. I think it would be pretty easy, those guys almost always run slow and are loaded down with gear. They take you off the train and have you just standing there, when they ask for your license or whatever pretend to reach for it and just sprint, no way they catch you. Again knowing the area and where you can disappear to would be the biggest advantage, you wanna be able to get into a crowd and then take an unexpected U or something.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:18 PM

The nearest I ever came to running from a cop was when I was 18 or 19. A friend of mine and I were home from college on a weekend and went out one eventing to smoke some weed. We had parked in front of a house with the lights out to smoke, and were smoking when somebody who lived at the house pulled up and parked behind us. I was driving, and immediately drove off. The other car followed. A couple of blocks later, there was a cop parked on the side of the street and the person that had been following us stopped behind the cop car, apparently to talk to the cop and report our suspicious behavior. I kept going, through residential side streets fairly fast, but not insanely fast, made lots of turns and never saw the cop. I have no idea whether he tried to catch us or not. If he did, it worked because we had a pretty good head start and I knew the neighborhood, having grown up there, and was able not to get trapped in a cul-de-sac.

One other time I went through a yellow very late -- so late that it was red by the time I hit the intersection. Yes, I know this was stupid. As luck would have it there was a cop just past the intersection, who put his lights on and came after me. I took the next turn into a side street fast, thinking maybe I could lose him, but he came around the corner right on my tail, and I immediately abandoned any thought of running and stopped. I got ticketed for running the light, but the cop didn't say anything about trying to run.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:36 PM

Good luck

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...ent=thrown.flv