Thomas Jones (CHI) @ GB 18 41.86%
Ahman Green(GB) & CHI 2 4.65%
DeShaun Foster(CAR) & ATL 12 27.91%
Kevan Barlow(NYJ) @ TEN 4 9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2007, 07:02 AM

Default Please to be writing tl;dr as a reply to my OP

Why do you do it you stupid [censored]?

Any person can see that an OP is long, but who gives a [censored] [censored] if you didn't read it? If it's too long then just back up and look in another thread.

So, to those of you that write tl;dr just to increase your gay ass post counts, can you please explain why you bother?
Old 07-04-2007, 07:10 AM

Default Re: Please to be writing tl;dr as a reply to my OP

I write it all the time.

Except when I say it, I mean: triceratop lasso; dinosaur ranch
Old 07-04-2007, 07:23 AM

IIIIIIIIIIIIID~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
))
Old 07-04-2007, 07:42 AM

I actually have no idea what it means
Old 07-04-2007, 07:44 AM

lol, maybe thinking of it meaning this will help to curb my anger. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2007, 08:12 AM

i thought the "d" was for "don't" not "didn't." that's a very big difference in meaning there. "too long; don't read" would mean "i read it and its not very good, and certainly not enjoyable enough to justify the length, so don't make the same mistake that i made, save yourself from wasting your time and do not read this extremely long post that does not have value to justify its excessive wordiness." whereas if it meant "too long; didn't read," that would just mean, "i saw that the post was very long, and therefore i did not read it because i just did not want to make that kind of committment to reading something that long, and thus i have no idea what the post said because of course i did not read it, and also in the future you should consider making shorter posts because if your posts are going to be this long then of course i'm not going to be reading them because i just can not be bothered to be reading posts that are this long." but then again it could also i mean, "i started to read this and indeed i would have finished it if it had motivated me to continue reading the post, but the first few lines just did not grab me enough to make me continue to read such a long post, and therefore i aborted the mission and did not continue reading this post to its conclusion, so if there was interesting stuff later on, i of course missed it because the first part just did not make it seem as if this post would be rewarding enough to motivate me to keep reading." as a community here we need to clarify exactly what we mean with little abbreviations like these because we use them very frequently and therefore some people may be misinturprating what is being said over and over again and come to have an idea of things being significatnly different than they actualy are, ldo.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought the "d" was for "don't" not "didn't." that's a very big difference in meaning there. "too long; don't read" would mean "i read it and its not very good, and certainly not enjoyable enough to justify the length, so don't make the same mistake that i made, save yourself from wasting your time and do not read this extremely long post that does not have value to justify its excessive wordiness." whereas if it meant "too long; didn't read," that would just mean, "i saw that the post was very long, and therefore i did not read it because i just did not want to make that kind of committment to reading something that long, and thus i have no idea what the post said because of course i did not read it, and also in the future you should consider making shorter posts because if your posts are going to be this long then of course i'm not going to be reading them because i just can not be bothered to be reading posts that are this long." but then again it could also i mean, "i started to read this and indeed i would have finished it if it had motivated me to continue reading the post, but the first few lines just did not grab me enough to make me continue to read such a long post, and therefore i aborted the mission and did not continue reading this post to its conclusion, so if there was interesting stuff later on, i of course missed it because the first part just did not make it seem as if this post would be rewarding enough to motivate me to keep reading." as a community here we need to clarify exactly what we mean with little abbreviations like these because we use them very frequently and therefore some people may be misinturprating what is being said over and over again and come to have an idea of things being significatnly different than they actualy are, ldo.

[/ QUOTE ]

tl;dr
Old 07-04-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tl;dr

[/ QUOTE ]
ygos?
Old 07-04-2007, 10:38 AM

Location: Realising I suck at Poker (lifetime winner though!)

tl;dr
Old 07-04-2007, 10:48 AM

2l;dr