Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: FossilMan requests your feedback

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Greg, congrats on the big win! A lot of people on this site were hoping you would weigh in one way or the other on the Absolute Poker cheating scandal. Personally I think it will be a detriment to the long-term health of the game if this thing just gets swepr under the rug. Someone with your clout could go a long way to make sure that doesn't happen. Are you aware of the issue, and do you have any thoughts or opinions?

thanks,
Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with getting any celeb poker player to rally the cause. Since most celeb poker players have endorsement deals with AP competitors it would either make them look bad for criticizing the competition in such a manner or the online sites themselves would pressure them to keep quiet as they would be afraid that talk of internet poker cheating would scare away potential clients to any website and not just AP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whereas the message poker celebrities, and sites like 2p2, are sending to the poker sites now is - go ahead and cheat, don't worry about little details like security, there are no consequences because we're too scared to make an official fuss.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Greg, congrats on the big win! A lot of people on this site were hoping you would weigh in one way or the other on the Absolute Poker cheating scandal. Personally I think it will be a detriment to the long-term health of the game if this thing just gets swepr under the rug. Someone with your clout could go a long way to make sure that doesn't happen. Are you aware of the issue, and do you have any thoughts or opinions?

thanks,
Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with getting any celeb poker player to rally the cause. Since most celeb poker players have endorsement deals with AP competitors it would either make them look bad for criticizing the competition in such a manner or the online sites themselves would pressure them to keep quiet as they would be afraid that talk of internet poker cheating would scare away potential clients to any website and not just AP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whereas the message poker celebrities, and sites like 2p2, are sending to the poker sites now is - go ahead and cheat, don't worry about little details like security, there are no consequences because we're too scared to make an official fuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Im with you, Im just saying I'll be very surprised to see any celeb poker player talk about it publicly.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:07 PM

a.) it did appear, heads-up, that your opponent didn't adjust
to the # of players.

b.) final hand, the blinds were still pretty small,
relative to chip stack, so I don't understand why
he couldn't have been more patient; doesn't seem
like a very good draw to put the bracelet on the
line for. perhaps he was tired and frustrated.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What happened with the disconnects at the final table? Internet went down?

P.S. Plz get your website re-designed. Looks like crap ATM.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had to guess, since Greg is in Eastern NC he has Embarq DSL and their service utterly sucks.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:11 PM

yo fossilman, what up bro
Old 09-26-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

thanks,
Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt, I would be happy to wade in, but I've yet to hear any hard facts on the subject, just rumors. If I missed something, and there is no hard facts brought to light, let me know.

Thanks, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 09-26-2007, 05:24 PM

Not to detract from this post and I won't post here about this again, but I think you could comment on the likelihood of that type of play happening without the ability to view hole cards. Things such as playing 20 hands, folding when someone has AA, then playing 20 hands come to mind. Or calling a big bet with T high at the FT of the weekly $1K tournament. Or the high river aggression combined with a "never call on the river in limit" method of play.

Just something saying that you agree/disagree that there's virtually no explanation except some method of seeing hole cards, whether it be a trojan, superuser, man in the middle or whatever else.

Since you've played a lot of poker and seen a lot of hands, you probably have a good feel for these types of things even without doing hard core statistics on it.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

thanks,
Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt, I would be happy to wade in, but I've yet to hear any hard facts on the subject, just rumors. If I missed something, and there is no hard facts brought to light, let me know.

Thanks, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello,
Just to keep you up to date on this, there were many hand histories which were compiled by Adanthar, which produced a style of play/coupled with results that were nearly stastically impossible. Things like an infinite river aggression factor over several hundred hands where the cheating player never once called with a worst hand. Results which, even over short sample sizes, were so many standard deviations away from expectation as to constitute one in a quadrillion to one in a quintillion events. All of the good, high stakes online pros who commented were unanimous that there was cheating going on. But even beyond that, there was obvious chip dumping going on between the cheaters. Things like players, several times, folding for one more bet of $80 on the river into a pot in excess of $8,000. Link to the original thread with statistics here:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...11#Post12097244

Also, congrats on the tournament.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:11 AM

If this doesn't belong in BBV I don't know what does.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:54 AM

Extremely generous of you. Very interesting.