Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: 200 400 tdl

I dont like your line Jason, "Never Fold Noli" isn't the opponent you want to do this against. His pat range could even be a QTxxx hand, but for him to c/r I think his range is a 9xxxx hand or better, and he isn't the type to break - he is calling off bluffs. I just call and peel. Oddly seeing two 8's is not necessarily a good thing, it means there is a better chance that Noli has a cleaner hand than we may want to see.

PS - if Noli's in the game, never leave. Entire games are built around that man, he is fantastic for the game - its in his natural personality.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:39 PM

Is the guy with noli somewhere in his screenname on Stars the same Noli? His location is NY I believe. The only games that I think I've seen him play are 75 O/100 E
Old 05-28-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont like your line Jason, "Never Fold Noli" isn't the opponent you want to do this against.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure getting the hand HU is worth the extra bet, even if Noli never breaks or folds. It only starts getting worse if he threebets a lot.

Plus raising here and drawing is really great for the image.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont like your line Jason, "Never Fold Noli" isn't the opponent you want to do this against.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure getting the hand HU is worth the extra bet, even if Noli never breaks or folds. It only starts getting worse if he threebets a lot.

Plus raising here and drawing is really great for the image.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often will the hand get HU if the button is drawing clean to one card? Also if button isn't drawing clean, don't we want him to remain in the hand vs Noli's range?

Noli can 3-bet a lot when he feels like it, and be incredibly passive at other times. He is a very odd bird, hard to really define except to say he gives lots of action.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the guy with noli somewhere in his screenname on Stars the same Noli? His location is NY I believe. The only games that I think I've seen him play are 75 O/100 E

[/ QUOTE ]

I know Noli from playing NL with him in the private games in NYC mostly but I have a small amount of other games experience with him as well - he used to play mostly in the mid limit rotation games back then, this is his WPT record.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:54 AM

I was thinking if the button didnt make his hand, he'd likely have to fold his 1 card draw. Is this terrible thinking?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking if the button didnt make his hand, he'd likely have to fold his 1 card draw. Is this terrible thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't use the world terrible, but yeah - its flawed. It depends on the quality of the draw for most players (although it should also depend on the size of the pot). If he is drawing to a rough 8 or a 9 then its likely he will fold, if he holds a hand like 23458 I doubt he will.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's usually making a mistake by calling. The problem is, if he has a better draw than you do, he's hurting both of you. This is part of why I prefer to do this with better draws; if you don't get the isolation at least you get a little value from the mistake call.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:41 PM

Obviously I dont expect him to fold a smooth 8...