Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2006, 01:54 AM

Default Re: ***Official Manning Bowl, \"Giants vs Colts.\" Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
Shockey sure knows how to kill a drive doesn't he? Way to grab 3 extra yards and cost your team 15 seconds with under a minute remaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, one of the worst plays I've ever seen.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the TOUCHDOWN indicator is the same color as FLAG.

[/ QUOTE ]
I saw this and immediately thought, "If I was in charge of this production, I'd fire whoever made that decision, before I got fired." Completely, obviously stupid.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:00 AM

"but you def can't make that call with 4 min left in the game with the Giants having the ball."

Stick with the "it was a bad call" defense, please. You can't just go around horsecollaring people because it's the last minute of the game.

-Michael
Old 09-11-2006, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but I might be slightly biased against the Colts since I'm a NE fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]
Peyton is overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite my title, you are absolutely retarded. And I'm NOT saying that because I'm a Colts fan, I'm saying it because its fact. 2-time NFL MVP is overrated. Whatever, Einstein. Do us a favor and just make all your posts "Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady" in the future so we know to just ignore you.

So this isn't a completely pointless post, I watched the game tonight. Ugly play on both sides of the football. Myself and my roommate both agree it was a pretty terrible interference call, but that alone didn't change the game. The refs didn't let the Colts jump out 13-0 (which should've been AT LEAST 17-0). Colts made some first downs when they had to and Eli, while good, wasn't particularly consistent. He'll be just fine in this league though.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this the same reffing group that did the Giants/49ers playoff game a few years ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gary Stevenson - thanks for writing that. Big Giants fan, and that game still irks me to this day with the officiating. At least the Bucs destroyed the 49ers the next week.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else that bet the under at 47.5 getting nervous right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

No but i did need that field goal to cover.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but I might be slightly biased against the Colts since I'm a NE fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]
Peyton is overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite my title, you are absolutely retarded. And I'm NOT saying that because I'm a Colts fan, I'm saying it because its fact. 2-time NFL MVP is overrated. Whatever, Einstein. Do us a favor and just make all your posts "Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady" in the future so we know to just ignore you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol. I never said Peyton is better or worse than Brady. Brady played terribly this week. And just so you know, a guy can be the greatest player in the NFL and still be overrated. I never said he sucks. Next time, learn to read. And don't get all pissy just because Peyton can't win a playoff game to save his life. (you started it)

[ QUOTE ]
So this isn't a completely pointless post, I watched the game tonight. Ugly play on both sides of the football. Myself and my roommate both agree it was a pretty terrible interference call, but that alone didn't change the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
God, THIS is the retarded statement. Giants down by 2 with huge momentum get a complete BS call that would have given them a first down at the 37 with 4 minutes to go. Within 25-30 yards of field goal range. No, of course not, that didn't change the game.

[ QUOTE ]
The refs didn't let the Colts jump out 13-0 (which should've been AT LEAST 17-0).

[/ QUOTE ]
This has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the BS call might have cost them the game.