Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Andy B actually lays down a hand--$30/60 stud/8

$30/60 stud/8 was a hot game at Canterbury Park in 2002 and predictably died out. It resurfaced during the 2004 Fall Classic and was a weekly game for a while after that, petering out in early 2005. Since then, it's only gone during the Fall Classic, and sporadically at that. Yesterday was the first day of this year's Fall Classic, and when I showed up at about 4:30, the game had been going for an hour or so. A lot of people come from out of town for the Fall Classic, but absolutely everybody who played in yesterday's stud/8 game was local. Why it never runs during the rest of the year is a bit of a mystery.

Anyway, the game's a little tighter than I like it, but there are a couple of loose, bad players who keep me interested. The game has a $5 ante. Low card on my right brings it in for $10, I make it $30 with split Queens, and I get called by the two live ones. One is showing a baby and the other has a Nine. On fourth, I catch a Queen and bet with both opponents calling. On fifth, the Nine makes open Kings and bets:

Player 1: 9KK
Andy B: (Q8)QQ7
Player 2: 234

I may not have the right order for Player 2. Sorry I don't remember suits for either, but I think both boards were rainbow. Player 1 is in no way prevented from having trip Kings, but he could have a lot of other things as well. Player 2's range is really broad. Player 1 bets, I call, Player 2 raises, and we both call.

On sixth KK catches a Six and bets. I look at 2346 behind me and fold. Comments?