Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: *** Official Stars WCOOP #14 ***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
kleath,

either the guy is a troll or he's completely retarded. usually best to just ignore those sorts of people.

grats mig, really sick score. im jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

i lol'ed

[/ QUOTE ]

haha mine was for like half of his, and i was backed. im assuming after his wsop score he had 100% of himself, so my win isnt even in the same league as his.

100/200NL against negreanu gogogoo.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:33 PM

Congrats James. Sick score. I have a question:

[ QUOTE ]
My friend who I had a big piece of busted by mig.com 46th
for 1 million+ pot

Blinds 10k20k
Hero BTN raises to 58k
Vilain 3bets as usual to 200k or so
Hero shoves 550k total, vilain is committed calls

Hero: AQs
Vilain: T6off

booard Q99K...JACK

[/ QUOTE ]

The table closed immediatly after this hand so I don't have the exact history, you might have made it 210k, turn might be an 8...

Can you take me through your play during that hand? I don't understand it in the slightest given how tight I was playing and how 200k commits 550. You had 3M plus at the time (chip leader or so)
Old 09-24-2007, 01:50 PM

were you playing or was your friend?

you don't save HH locally?

Is villain in the SB or the BB? Since you don't mention which and you don't know if he 3b to 200 or 210, let's say he went to 200 from the SB:

350 000 / (350 000 + 20 000 + (9 * 2 000) + 550 000 + 200 000) = 0.307557118

So he needs you/your friend to push like 55,A7s,A8o,KQs.

How tight is "tight"?
When you say he 3bets "as usual", does that mena this has happened before and hero has mucked? Does that, in T6o's mind, extend or narrow BTN's 4b range in this spot?

Im not saying the call is good or bad, just ur post strikes me as odd.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:53 PM

villain bets 550k (actually 200/210k but the rest is committed as you say) to win 100k

dunno how often u fold your button raises to his re-steals, but we can work out what he thought

let's assume that 106o is 30% against your calling range (insert different number if you like)

then when you fold X% of the time his equity is 100k x X/100 + 0.3 x 550k x (1 - X/100) - 0.7 x 580 x (1 - X/100)

= X + 165 - 1.65X - 386 + 3.86X
= 3.21X - 221

which is greater than 0 if X is greater than 68.8%
Old 09-24-2007, 02:10 PM

I dont believe I had been at the table that long and iam pretty sure the last 2 times it had been folded to you on the button you had raised, maybe you just had hands those times but I didnt know. So you raised button for the third time and I just planned on shipping it with pretty much any 2 thinking your range was wide and you would most likely fold.

If you were raising tight iam sure it was probably spew but oh well at least people will be careful with raising my blinds.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:16 PM

I was watching my friend.

He was in the SB so that 68% number is interesting but does not factor in the BB can wake up with a hand.

I do not remember BB's stack size, I think he's a doney shorter than both players already in the hand but I might be thinking of a different time for that seat

When mig.com joined the table, came my friend raised the blinds maybe 4 times from late position and got rereaised a couple of times, folding to the reraise.

Then getting down to 25bb he stopped raising and decided to either reshove or to raise with hands that would call a shove to exploit the light 3 bettors behind us. In the last 2 hours he had probably played four hands where he never folded.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:28 PM

Ok thanks for replying. If you think in terms of chips ev AND someone raises every button this is probably fine. When thinking in terms of blocks and risk reward I really think it's spew unless all but the most extreme opponents. But then it's also good for table image and table dynamics.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok thanks for replying. If you think in terms of chips ev AND someone raises every button this is probably fine. When thinking in terms of blocks and risk reward I really think it's spew unless all but the most extreme opponents. But then it's also good for table image and table dynamics.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think its spew because it was your friend and you're biased, it was a resteal spot, and your friend is probably doing something wrong if migs 3 bet is pure spew and you're giving the "how could you play Ten high like that" nit whine.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think its spew because it was your friend and you're biased, it was a resteal spot, and your friend is probably doing something wrong if migs 3 bet is pure spew and you're giving the "how could you play Ten high like that" nit whine.

[/ QUOTE ]

While this is probably true, it's probably also true that given these stack sizes, you need more of a read than "he's raised the button a couple times" to raise/call T6o. Your hand matters quite a bit in these spots.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow bond, way to not suicide after that KK hand, impressive

[/ QUOTE ]

You should feel quite special cuz Funki used his 5k post on you...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol oops
I was planning on going with something simple like 'poker sucks', but I think that post was pretty close

congrats mig