Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Red AA. 6/12 limit. Action on the turn.

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in one of these 6/12 no fold'em 8 to the flop games and I raise EP after 1 limper. I get a caller MP plus about 4 others.

The flop is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to me and I bet, the next player raises and everyone folds to me.

This is not a good flop or a good response to my bet. If I am beat then I have 2 outs unless he has 88. Then I need running Aces to win the bad beat jackpot.

I re-raise to put him on notice that I have better than AK and he calls.

Turn is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet and he raises me.

Recommendations here? I know that an overpair against one player you usually want to see the river. Is this one time to bet and dump your A-A to a raise?

Thanks

I'm sure that someone is going to ask for a read on this player. Well, he is not crazy that is for sure. I doubt that he would be raiseing a draw on the board that the [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] did not complete - e.g. flush draw. If he had less than a FH when the 3rd [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] hit I don't expect a raise. So, would he raise a FH on the flop and chase the other players out. I think not. I think he has the flush.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Red AA. 6/12 limit. Action on the turn.

Why are we r/r'ing a flop we don't like at all? And why are we betting out at the turned flush after the flop action? This seems a bit spewtastic to me.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this one time to bet and dump your A-A to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that you are almost certainly behind, but you might have four outs. The pot is close enough to call a turn bet, and fold unimproved on the river.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not a good flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen this a few times here lately where people raise with an overpair, the flop comes paired, and the poster makes a point to say that the flop is bad for their hand.

It really isn't.

1)Your can't be sucked out on by two pair.

2)The flop doesn't look like it helped you any, so people will call with all sorts of stuff they shouldn't.

-McGee
Old 10-18-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are we r/r'ing a flop we don't like at all? And why are we betting out at the turned flush after the flop action? This seems a bit spewtastic to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my first impression was that trips or better would wait until the turn to raise. So, I put him on a flush draw and re-raised. Since I did not have any [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for a redraw it might have been better to call and see what the turn brings. Good point.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is not a good flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen this a few times here lately where people raise with an overpair, the flop comes paired, and the poster makes a point to say that the flop is bad for their hand.

It really isn't.

2)The flop doesn't look like it helped you any, so people will call with all sorts of stuff they shouldn't.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

True if no one has trips or better then it's a good flop for me and I have a very good chance to win sans a flush. Rainbow would have been better imo.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this one time to bet and dump your A-A to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that you are almost certainly behind, but you might have four outs. The pot is close enough to call a turn bet, and fold unimproved on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - 2 outs do come in sometime. I really can not give a free card here so a bet is mandatory agree?
Old 10-18-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is not a good flop

[/ QUOTE ]

It really isn't.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

True if no one has trips or better then it's a good flop for me and I have a very good chance to win sans a flush. Rainbow would have been better imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, yes, of course a rainbow flop would be less dangerous.

But this is really not at all a bad flop for AA. It's not as good as, say, Q44 two tone, but it's pretty damn good.

-McGee
Old 10-18-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is not a good flop

[/ QUOTE ]

It really isn't.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, yes, of course a rainbow flop would be less dangerous.

But this is really not at all a bad flop for AA. It's not as good as, say, Q44 two tone, but it's pretty damn good.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as flops go and I think that there are 19,600 different ones, I have to agree that this is one the the better ones. There are many more that are much worse. Its just seems to me that when there is a pair on the flop someone seems to have one of the rank. This is, of course, absurd, and MUB.

But, when there is a pair (after I have raised), I bet and get raised. yikes.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as flops go and I think that there are 19,600 different ones, I have to agree that this is one the the better ones. There are many more that are much worse. Its just seems to me that when there is a pair on the flop someone seems to have one of the rank. This is, of course, absurd, and MUB.

But, when there is a pair (after I have raised), I bet and get raised. yikes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. Note to self: play flush draws on paired boards like it's the nuts against threeducks when he raised preflop.

[X] easily exploitable tendency

However, OP, I think flop is good. I'm not sure about what to do on the turn but I think it's probably best just to fire at the scare card. After you get raised you have to play pokers with the guy. Does he ever get out of line? Against an unknown I'm going to call down and collect large monies about .03% of the time.