Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 12:39 AM

Default Re: Gulf Coast Poker Championship (WPT)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Drew,
You can as long as you cancel 48 hours in advance.

Glad to see someone caught my reference there Donkey..

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, who didn't catch that reference?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Who to hell would put a fish in a blender full of liquid? That's just stoopid! Wouldn't the poor fish just drown before you could bust it? LDO

gg
Old 08-01-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im gonna get me a shotgun and kill all the whities I seeeee......

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt VERY much that you are the real Johnny Grooms, based on your comment here.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:17 AM

The real Johnny Grooms can't want to get him a white woman wearing a navy blue sweater?
Old 08-01-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So do you register the day of the tournament? If so, how early should we get there? Didn't see any info on the PDF. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't see an answer to this, but inquiring minds want to know. The website mentions registration starting 7am the day before. Does this mean registration runs 7am the day before to 12noon the day of for each event?

[/ QUOTE ]

Found my answer when calling for reservations. Registration is the day before each event from 7am to 10pm. Also, the rooms are fully booked for the Labor Day weekend nights.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:14 PM

I have my hotel room reserved, hope I can make it!
Old 08-01-2007, 06:19 PM

The above comment was a refrence to saturday night live. This is the real JG. I apologize if anyone thinks I was being offensive.....LOL
Old 08-01-2007, 06:33 PM

Hey guys,
Just checking in. We are sold out for the Labor Day weekend nights. That's 400 rooms booked, so the fields will be BIG. We do still have availability on dates after the weekend, so booking offsite for the first weekend and moving to the BEAU would be a good idea. The rooms are awesome, with great beds and 32 inch flatscreens in every room. The pool is also the NUTS!!! A great party there on Thursday nights (Tiki party) If you call the number, Donna will give you numbers for other places nearby that can book you. Don't miss this event. It will be a great one.

See you there,
Johnny Grooms
Old 08-01-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,
Just checking in. We are sold out for the Labor Day weekend nights. That's 400 rooms booked, so the fields will be BIG. We do still have availability on dates after the weekend, so booking offsite for the first weekend and moving to the BEAU would be a good idea. The rooms are awesome, with great beds and 32 inch flatscreens in every room. The pool is also the NUTS!!! A great party there on Thursday nights (Tiki party) If you call the number, Donna will give you numbers for other places nearby that can book you. Don't miss this event. It will be a great one.

See you there,
Johnny Grooms

[/ QUOTE ]

Clothing optional at the pool?
Old 08-01-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So do you register the day of the tournament? If so, how early should we get there? Didn't see any info on the PDF. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't see an answer to this, but inquiring minds want to know. The website mentions registration starting 7am the day before. Does this mean registration runs 7am the day before to 12noon the day of for each event?

[/ QUOTE ]

Found my answer when calling for reservations. Registration is the day before each event from 7am to 10pm. Also, the rooms are fully booked for the Labor Day weekend nights.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that part's not true. It's only the block of rooms at the special poker rate, that are fully booked.

If you don't mind paying up to 500 bucks a night (might be less, if you have a harrahs players club you've used recently), there are still rooms open.

Link here:

https://www.harrahs.com/Availability...;numChildren=0
Old 08-01-2007, 10:15 PM

Posted link to the wrong hotel. They do have rooms at the Beau open labor day weekend, but it's (still) pricey:

https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/b...el&pid=180