Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 07:22 PM

Default 100NL Stat Evaluation: I admit it, I need major help.

Ok guys,

I admit it. I suck at poker...There is no other explanation for this month, as variance is done with. I am just a losing player I guess and I must've just ran good the last couple of months..Can you guys help me look over my stats and maybe help me improve my play?

One thing I noticed while uploading these is a huuugggee leak in position. I am going to work on paying attention to position waayy more starting today. Do you guys have any suggestions on why my numbers should look like for UTG-Button and the blinds?

I just want to say thank you to anyone who is seriously looking through all this and trying to help and/or see what the cause of this downswing might be. BTW, this is just for the month of February..I was up quite a bit more than this during January and that is going to let me be able to have enough breathing room to work on my game and still stay at 100NL...

Thanks guys!
Old 02-13-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: 100NL Stat Evaluation: I admit it, I need major help.

I didn't look really closely but I did notice that you do not seem to play a positionally aware game
Old 02-13-2007, 07:54 PM

I'll be interested to see how others interpret your stats - here is my 2 cents worth. You don't appear to be making enough from your big pairs. You have won with AA, but not enough, and your actually losing with KK. QQ, JJ and TT are only marginal either way for you. Why? Are you C-betting these hands consistently or Checking the Flop too much? I suspect you need to loosen up in position too. As an 18/9/2 player there is nothing off the bat to suggest you're doing a lot wrong preflop, however, I think there should be more positional differentiation in your stats.

Good luck.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:14 PM

There are a couple of things I picked up on in the main section.

It looks like you are checking too much after a raise, you could probably pick up some more pots by making CBs on dry boards more.

Your aggression stats are pretty similar accross the 3 streets as well. Flop and turn ideally should be higher IMO (tieing in with the CBet?) and also the river aggression should be lower as well, try check/calling the river more often.

The main thing which stands out though, are your positional stats. You are playing the same hands the same way in all positions. This is just going to lead to spewing, limpin in a lot in early position with your marginal hands is just going to lead to trouble, for example your suited connectors, offsuit broadway cards just don't work well out of position. Tighten up in early position and loosen up in late position. As Jessie May always says in the poker shows "In poker, position is prime"
Old 02-13-2007, 08:19 PM

1 - You let pepole steal your blinds too much
2 - You don't steal the blinds enough
3 - Most importantly: You don't utilize position. Your vpip stats are nearly even across the table. Your BTN vpip should be like double your UTG vpip.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:27 PM

Gees, my fold to blind steals are 90 and 85 respectively, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that IMO especially in FR cash games. This isn't the problem with OP
Old 02-13-2007, 08:37 PM

to agree with everyone else

your early position game (UTG and UTG+1) looks excellent

you should be stealing blinds more, playing more hands in position, and raising more hands in position

in addition, c-bet more in position

also, your fold to river bet % seems real high
this could be do to alot of things:
1. chasing draws for too long to give up on river
2. folding good hands too often
Old 02-14-2007, 10:06 AM

Well I know position isn't this much of a difference, but i still had a huge turnaround last night after having a horrible morning. I played very positionally aware and hopefullly am starting to improve.

So I started the day off with -400 and turned it into a -205 by the end of the night so we will see how this morning goes and hopefully I can turn things around.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:44 PM

I'll take a look when I get home tonight and do a quick review of when we've played together.

My impression from our games is that were you are loose-passive of late, but let me check.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:41 PM

You are loosing a lot with high card and one pair. Are you overplaying overpairs and other big pairs?

Select the one pair section and go over those hands where you've lost a lot. Try to think what you've done wrong and post some of those hands here. I think it will help you a lot.