Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Re: QQ, Commerce, Deep... so [censored] typical.

[ QUOTE ]
first off, I am not a high stakes player, and don't claim to be a great or knowledgeable player. IMHO I feel that you played that hand terrible on the flop. I don't understand your gameplan when you check call a five high flop. were you planing on just check calling to the river?
I feel that you lose information by playing so weakly. why not check raise the flop, and make a super tough laydown to a shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt that I probably had the best hand on the flop (putting him on AJo or something) but didn't want to c/r and was going to check-call him down, but once the A hit on the turn I thought the odds of me still having the best hand went down significantly, so I called the turn with no plan, really, just hoping the fire alarm goes off or something and the river will somehow be simple (or be a Q!). Overall, I agree, I don't like the way I played the hand very much.

Kirk
Old 05-25-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
kinda smells like KK to me

[/ QUOTE ]

only a sicko like durrrr ever has KK here
Old 05-25-2007, 01:15 AM

I folded the turn. One of those spots where you have to just accept that he has you by the balls.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
against an ace obv grim, he's betting pretty small, and like I said it'd take some sort of live read that I could push him off of it

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this is my thinking also. when his turn bet goes out, it goes out with the knowledge that if you call, you almost never have an ace. then you get to face another awesome huge bet on the river because he is the only one in the hand who can have an ace. i guess you can have AK, but not many opponents will give you credit for floating AK on a flop like this. when he bets the river, shoving is so weird that i think AK and similar hands will be very very confused. you could also be ahead. he could also have TT which is what you hope to rep. tough spot...but i'm usually mucking on the turn like cts said but if i decide to continue i'm doing so as a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

james you and cts are obv awesome but i think vs a good player here turning our hand into a bluff when we have inherent bluff catching ability, and an opponent who is aggro enough to fire again, is the better plan.

i'd probably show as much weakness as possible and then either pussy out and fold or call twice. first time slow second time fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

im also with bobbo, i dont even think about turning QQ into a bluff here. but u young internet kids are so crazy!