Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Re: walking prop bet

[ QUOTE ]
Unit of measurement.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh i know

ill google

310.685596 miles

so like 45 a day. nearly impossible i'd say
Old 07-02-2007, 02:08 AM

but you can stop to like, sit?

if you were to use all 4 of your stops to sleep and eat (btw, you should find things that aren't hotels, obv, to angle the bet. like, say, have friends at regular intervals you can stay with.), you have 5 time periods. then you have to do 60 miles a day, carrying anything you want to eat or drink, i'm assuming?

mmmmmm... if you can run a marathon, for real, i don't think you're that big of a dog here, providing you're allowed to stop walking at points where you're not using your sleep stops. but if you're not actually in good shape and can't sleep and eat every day and do simple things like poop, i think yo'ure doomed.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:12 AM

I dunno which would be worse, walking for a week or being the poor SOB in charge of following you to make sure you dont ever run

also, this would be an insanely bad bet to take
Old 07-02-2007, 02:16 AM

I m thinking more like 1 4-5h stop every 100km so thats 6 days of walking. I m only gonna carry the minimum so that shouldnt be a problem and I m used to walking 20+ miles a day with my dog so its not like its something new to me. Its still probably a long shot and I d need some good odds. Looks like I need a test run and see how much I can walk in 30h or whatever.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:16 AM

haha i just figured out how to do this really easy, wwhen your legs are tired just WALK ten or so miles on your HANDS! Unexploitable walking prop bet angle shoot!
Old 07-02-2007, 02:21 AM

Running marathons has almost no correlation with hiking, which is what you are doing. If you can buy whatever you need on the way that would be a hooge boon, and as a side note. Where the [censored] do you walk 20 miles a day with your dog. I'm gonna say this is BS. Since that is like 5 hours of very brisk walking with your pet. More like 6-7 hours of walking at a min... daily?
Old 07-02-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
haha i just figured out how to do this really easy, wwhen your legs are tired just WALK ten or so miles on your HANDS! Unexploitable walking prop bet angle shoot!

[/ QUOTE ]
for some reason i lol'd at this
Old 07-02-2007, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Running marathons has almost no correlation with hiking, which is what you are doing. If you can buy whatever you need on the way that would be a hooge boon, and as a side note. Where the [censored] do you walk 20 miles a day with your dog. I'm gonna say this is BS. Since that is like 5 hours of very brisk walking with your pet. More like 6-7 hours of walking at a min... daily?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah u re right I meant 20km which is about 3h in the morning. I take him out between 5-6 to about 8-9am every morning.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:38 AM

Ned,

Fair enough. I will accept that. I just have nothing better to do with my time attempting to kick jet lag than to nit up your thread.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah u re right I meant 20km which is about 3h in the morning. I take him out between 5-6 to about 8-9am every morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say your dog has a better shot of doing this than you do.