Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 06:36 PM

Default bankrollamentz question

okidoki so I m a limit player taking a shot at NL. I dont have much experience so I decided to start with full ring and see how things flow and stuff. I dont like big swings so I usually have a pretty big roll (1000 bets for limit 6max etc). Would 40 buy ins be enough for multitabling full ring NL? Lets say $2000 for $50NL or 4k for .50/1. I would be 4 tabling at pacific. What kind of swings should I expect? THANKS!
Old 05-10-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: bankrollamentz question

If you stay tight and play reasonably post-flop, this is way, way less swing than limit. I've no idea about pacific, but most sites only have reasonable play at NL25 and above (that's 10c/25c to be clear).

Even if you have roll for nl100 or nl200, I'd not go above nl50 for several thousand hands at least, and one-tabling.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:44 PM

Yeah thats a lot more than you probably need, you're almost certain not to bust. What stakes did you play for limit? If you're new to NL I suggest you start low, maybe 25nl or 50nl but if you play like 50-100 limit then obv you could start much higher. As for swings, be prepared for 10+ in either direction but that is pretty rare, the most I've really had is -6 BI swings but I've only played 50k hands of FR. Hope this helps
Old 05-10-2007, 06:46 PM

Since you like to have a deep roll I would suggest a minimum 30 BIs. Nothing wrong with having more though...I have over 45 myself in my 'working' roll.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:38 PM

Hit 25NL for at least 20K hands 4-tabling. Get some experience up. If you are feeling like you can beat it move on up to 50NL. Its pretty much the same standard... maybe a little harder to get paid off on sets but not much.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:58 PM

devise your own bankroll plan based on your financial and more important phsycoligical situation.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:36 AM

so I ve been 4 tabling 50NL now for a while and i m up 6 buy ins. I really like that NL is so consistant, I can have a winning session almost every time if I play long enough. The players at pacific are really bad so I just try to avoid trouble and play big pots with big hands and give up small ones when I miss. I limp a lot and see flops because they always pay off when u hit sets etc. I guess I havent seen much variance yet but it seems like its easy to beat just grinding it out playing solid. I dont even bother with table image since 80% just dont pay attention. Is there anything else I should be doing that I havent mentioned?
Old 05-11-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so I ve been 4 tabling 50NL now for a while and i m up 6 buy ins. I really like that NL is so consistant, I can have a winning session almost every time if I play long enough. The players at pacific are really bad so I just try to avoid trouble and play big pots with big hands and give up small ones when I miss. I limp a lot and see flops because they always pay off when u hit sets etc. I guess I havent seen much variance yet but it seems like its easy to beat just grinding it out playing solid. I dont even bother with table image since 80% just dont pay attention. Is there anything else I should be doing that I havent mentioned?

[/ QUOTE ]
Play much much more
Post your stats when you have 20k+ hands
Stay at 50NL for quite some time. The 100$ level is where you start seeing more regs. You said you're playing pacific? Maybe the 100NL games there will be better...I havent played there...

Basically, just keep it up. Dont get too excited and move up too fast.

GL