Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Shannon Shorr thinking of quitting ...

[ QUOTE ]

douchebag. <font color="white"> jk bro, you know I love you, don't quit poker </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, I didn't see the white part until I went to quote this. I thought that seemed out of character.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But if they are not around for the long term (which is the lifetime of poker, not the player) how can you know if they would be a long term winner. Also, in order to be a long term winner you would need to consider every hand of poker that has ever been played which is in the trillions (probably more but I'm not sure what comes after trillions). What hands a player plays in their lifetime is still only a short term sample and therefore you can't say that someone is a long term winner

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be one of DUMBEST posts I have ever read [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why that is stupid.

Stephen you were just mad earlier in the thread about unneeded flaming, so why would you then talk [censored] to me. Quit being a hypocrite.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not talking chit to you,nor mad at you.I also am not the only one who has questioned this post....so I will ask you nicely then if you were offended.

I really have know idea what point you are trying to get accross in this post with regard to SS quitting poker?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't learn my lesson and continued to play and had one more awful session playing HU criss-cross with a friend who was knowledgable abt Chinese and lost more of my online roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard anybody around here talk about playing criss cross before. I used to play it back in the 80's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have to wear your pants backwards?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. Not unless you want to. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I guess I'm showing my age by posting this. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But if they are not around for the long term (which is the lifetime of poker, not the player) how can you know if they would be a long term winner. Also, in order to be a long term winner you would need to consider every hand of poker that has ever been played which is in the trillions (probably more but I'm not sure what comes after trillions). What hands a player plays in their lifetime is still only a short term sample and therefore you can't say that someone is a long term winner

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be one of DUMBEST posts I have ever read [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why that is stupid.

Stephen you were just mad earlier in the thread about unneeded flaming, so why would you then talk [censored] to me. Quit being a hypocrite.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not talking chit to you,nor mad at you.I also am not the only one who has questioned this post....so I will ask you nicely then if you were offended.

I really have know idea what point you are trying to get accross in this post with regard to SS quitting poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

The topic got started when somebody had mentioned the long run, and that got me thinking as to what exactly the long run is, and if someone could actually win over the long run.

I just want someone to explain to me how someone can be a winner in the long run if nobody is alive long enough to see the long run?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:39 PM

Old 11-15-2007, 07:00 PM

I just don't understand why anyone cares if SHANNON SHORR may quit poker? Is it because he has his own website?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't understand why anyone cares if SHANNON SHORR may quit poker? Is it because he has his own website?

[/ QUOTE ]
Cuz his name is Shannon, and he reminds me of Shannon Elizabeth and shannon tweed.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Cuz his name is Shannon, and he reminds me of Shannon Elizabeth and shannon tweed.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Old 11-15-2007, 07:13 PM

mike caro said that you can take the best tournament player and someone ranked at 150, put them on the same table of a tournament everyday and the difference between the two would take maybe 2 years to show up in the results.

i am not player hating on anyone and i never will. my beef with shannon is that he wants to call something that spoiled him early.......a stupid game.........and then when things get a little tough, he wants to quit.

now he says he has more money than he knows what to do with? gee, life is sweet, eh shannon?

i really wish i knew what that feeling is like. when my poker playing doesnt go well, my over all financial situation follows suit.

and now i got to hear it from some spoiled whiner who in my eyes, has a great life and nothing to complain about. a good portion of any of his failures in this game are his own undoing too.

shannon, i am striving to get to where you are at. i was on my way once and then stumbled HARD. i know about loss. my life has been a living hell because of this game.......but i am not going to quit.......EVER. please dont call this game stupid. you have no right in my eyes. its like a slap in my face. you dont know what its like to really suffer.

you guys who sympathize with shannon are a bunch of saps and you probably have no clue to the self accountability and burdens of "having to win".
Old 11-15-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you and ur mom have a photo shoot to do somewhere?