Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2006, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Show Your Support!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I like the forum, I just don't think it should be a separate forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Guys, when do we stop chopping up OOT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for posting this opinion here. It's representative of a pretty large segment of posters on these boards, many of whom may not speak up in this thread.

All,

The fate of this forum is still in limbo. The thing is, a lot of people here just don't like change. And, as seen above, some people think that creating new forums like this one will make the OOT they know and love worse. I'm curious, what alternatives would you guys like to see? Would you find a Food, Drink, Health, and Fitness forum desirable as a compromise, if that gets more support than just F&D? What about adding a big F&D thrust to TQZ, although TQZ seems to have turned into OOT2 when I wasn't looking?

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT is already dead. Just hasn't stopped moving yet.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:30 PM

I've been refraining from making new posts because this thread may soon die, I assume others are doing the same. If we don't get an official FAD forum soon, I may just post them in The Lounge, which is perhaps where they should go anyway.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:47 PM

At this point, I'm kind of leaning towards starting a big F&D thrust in tl;dr. There's a fair bit of hostility towards making a new forum, and with all the drama lately, I'm not axious to stir up any more. The Lounge is starting to get some food content anyway, so when bolstered with some threads from this, we could make a pretty decent stand with the A&E folk.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:59 PM

absolutely fine my me re tl:dr, as long as it is good content. I also allow photo threads too without the need for too many words, but a little helps.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:33 PM

This is my new center for all info alcoholic. Although I haven't posted here much, I have greatly appreciated its existence.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:00 PM

Show your support here
Old 07-06-2006, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been refraining from making new posts because this thread may soon die, I assume others are doing the same. If we don't get an official FAD forum soon, I may just post them in The Lounge, which is perhaps where they should go anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

At present time, there aren't any other mods clamoring to take over this forum. Conesequently, you can feel free to continue to post any good, relevant topics in this forum. Even if this was to end shortly after you posted something you put some effort into, it would not be lost forever. All the threads in this forum are moved to an appropriate forum (TLDR, OOT, or a possible F&D forum) rather than being deleted. If there was any active discussion going on about it, it'll be at the top of that forum. If you still can't find it after this forum closes, send me a PM and I'll do my best to track it down and bump it, going to Chuck to retrieve it from back ups if need be in the very worst case (unlikely).
Old 07-07-2006, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I like the forum, I just don't think it should be a separate forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Guys, when do we stop chopping up OOT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for posting this opinion here. It's representative of a pretty large segment of posters on these boards, many of whom may not speak up in this thread.

All,

The fate of this forum is still in limbo. The thing is, a lot of people here just don't like change. And, as seen above, some people think that creating new forums like this one will make the OOT they know and love worse. I'm curious, what alternatives would you guys like to see? Would you find a Food, Drink, Health, and Fitness forum desirable as a compromise, if that gets more support than just F&D? What about adding a big F&D thrust to TQZ, although TQZ seems to have turned into OOT2 when I wasn't looking?

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT is already dead. Just hasn't stopped moving yet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I also believe this to be true.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:55 PM

We all eat and we (almost) all drink. This should be a permanent forum!