Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Folding river when pot is big and i have to pay only 1BB

V: TAG

0.25/0.50 Fixed-Limit Hold'em <font color="blue">(9 handed)</font>
Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="grey">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="grey">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="red">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="grey">3 folds</font>, <font color="red">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

<ul type="square">Should i call 2 cold?[/list]Flop: (16.0 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="grey">MP2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9.5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (12.5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, <font color="grey">BB folds</font>, Hero calls.

<ul type="square">The pot is big i need to call only one bet but if we assume that villian cap PF and his range is probably TT+ , AQs+, AK - can i fold here?[/list]Final Pot: 14.5 BB
Old 08-07-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Folding river when pot is big and i have to pay only 1BB

'Should I call two cold':

Definitely not. You're likely dominated and out of position. At least for me, this is an easy fold preflop.

Now... if your AQ was suited, it makes the decision a little harder...
Old 08-07-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The pot is big i need to call only one bet but if we assume that villian cap PF and his range is probably TT+ , AQs+, AK - can i fold here?

[/ QUOTE ]

You answered your own question. You can't beat anything he can have and you chop with only A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Old 08-07-2007, 02:15 PM

I hate the flop bet. You get check/raised there like 90% of the time.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:16 PM

Reads would be nice or do you mean to say that all players are TAG with (V: TAG)?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:20 PM

So what? Just fold.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cap preflop and checkraise flop? Ya think?

If you guys were SB with JJ, how would you play the flop?
Old 08-07-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So what? Just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like folding without wasting a small bet [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2007, 04:53 PM

Super Grunch

Wow, these are the types of hands I need to comment on because they seem a little difficult to me.

PF: A clear raise the first time around. The second time around, I'm not sure that I have the discipline to fold this hand unless I have about 200 hands on each player and they only 3-bet/cap the top 4 SH's. You're also getting 6.5:1 and can be relatively sure that you'll be getting callers behind you + it can't be raised any more. I'd say that if you call here (which I would probably do - <font color="red"> is this wrong, anyone? </font> ), you're hoping to hit two pair or QQ rag on the flop.

Flop: Odd that nobody bet in EP. Quite honestly, I'd probably check/call one bet back and re-evaluate on the turn. With middle pair and this much aggression PF, there is a chance someone will raise behind you or check/raise, making this a bet/fold IMO.

Turn: Standard.. You certainly don't wanna be giving another free card.. At this point it is looking as though villains have TT or JJ.

River: Pot is too large to give up for just one bet. You'd have to be correct to call only 8% of the time for this to be profitable <font color="red"> can someone concur with this? 13.5:1 odds --&gt; 1/13.5=.074 </font>, so make the crying call and then go take a shower when he flips over JJ.

Nick
Old 08-07-2007, 05:29 PM

SUPER GRUNCH

PF: Although AQo is a very strong hand, IMO it is not strong enough to call a pf cap from a TAG villain. You should fold for the two extra bets. The odds of you being dominated are really severe here.

Flop: This is incredibly f'ed up. I can't think of a legitimate capping hand that a TAG SB should be checking here (I cap all of four hands pf: QQ+ and AK). So he's either flopped a monster and has decided to get silly, or he capped an illegitimate hand like AT, AQ, JJ or TT. I would proceed with caution, but when it's checked to you I think you have to bet into a big pot here. The pot is large, so I want to try to win it. I also don't want to give free cards that could give a two pair.

Turn: You now have two pair and no show of strength from anyone. This is a must bet, IMO.

River: Villain has played this so strangely that I'm inclied to call. 13.5:1 pot odds helps, too. It seems awfully likely that villain has JJ here that he decided to call down from the flop, but I'm willing to take the odds that villain had AT and called his GSSD or has AQ. I'm especially confused that villain did not c/r the river if he hit the straight, but he may have been worried that it got checked through. Bottom line -- pot is large, I have a strong hand; I call.