Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Playing Professional, Tunica.

Yah, i thought it had to be a joke at the start there. Wow. I guess this really explains why 99% of pokers players fail at going pro.
I would like to play against good players.....and party poker made good players poor....

I heard that Tunica was a horrible place but this poker sounds so good i might just have to go for the hell of it.

hahaha. i wondered if he cried over the aces getting cracked.....(okay, so i'm really mean)
Old 10-08-2007, 05:30 PM

I think that live-poker players are pretty bad regardless of location. But there is something to be said for some of the amazingly incompetent fish to be found in Tunica. Particularly on the weekends when Billy-Bob and Bobby-Joe from Alabama make a road-trip for a big weekend of sitting at the poker-table and drinking beer for 27 consecutive hours.

One of my last sessions there I was with 2 guys like this. Having a fun time but had very little clue and, of course, were always REALLY slow when it was their turn to act...which it always was since they were in practically every hand.
One guy was so blitzed he couldn't read the board, flashed a couple players the nuts and then threw it in face-down. He had a full-house like J7 on a J732J board or something but there was a 4-flush and he apparently thought he only had 2-pair.
He thought the 3 or 4 of us were pulling his leg when we tried to tell him he tossed in the mortal-nuts.

So not only do some of these players raise and re-raise with J7o from EP because "any-two can win." They don't even always stay with it when it actually does win because they are too drunk to read the board.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:41 AM

If you guys feel that way about loose games and variance, the BR conversation is necessary. If you keep playing all-in pots against a guy who buys in for 3K in a 1-2 NL and you buy in for $100, if you guys get it in pre-flop, and you are consistently the favorite, odds say if you play 4 pots with him, you get broke and he gets all the money. Thats Tunica style money whipping at its best
Old 10-10-2007, 04:44 AM

Please sticky this in the "best of...."

After taking a good beating, I can read this and laugh. I think I am going to save this to my faves.

Micro Bob, that PM is too much. I hope you accept and post a good trip report.