Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Yet another tent fiasco

Move the series back to April like it was a few years ago?
Old 07-07-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are a ton of un-used conference rooms that would have been perfect in every regard.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true, the ones down the hall were in use at least when I was there. There was I think a Bar-Mitzvah reception and a Tupperware seminar of some sort. Obv Harrah's has it's priorities in order [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2007, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I arrived at 1pm to play the $1000 mega satellite. The entire tournament area was empty except for 2 tables playing 2-7 no limit triple draw. For some reason we were sent to a sweltering tent. Everyone was complaining. Some people got up and went to try and get a refund. After three 1/2 hour rounds;we were sent on break; we asked to move to the open tournament area. That was assigned to the 4pm mega we were advised. They claimed they were worling on the temperature and would have it fixed by the end of the break. When we returned from break; the room was hotter than before. We played about another 10 minutes; then finally we were told that play would be suspended and we would move to the main tournament area at about 330 pm. By the time we moved, the 4pm mega players were ready to take their seats in the seats we were moving to. There was so much confusion that they posptoned the 4pm mega to 6pm to get everything straightened out. The chips were bagged and brought to the new tables. Several players got back to the tent to find their table already moved and could not locate their "new" table. The staff had rushed the restart and now there were about 5 players just standing with a supervisor who could not locate their seats. Finally an announcement came over the speakers. Players in the 1pm Mega; look over here; if you recognize any of these players as from your original table before the move raise your hand. And i thought things couldnt get any worse.........

[/ QUOTE ]

I played in this satellite. Right before there was the break to move inside, Chris Bigler stood up from his chair and yelled "ITS TOO [censored] HOT IN HERE!!". Everybody applauded him and the break was about 5 minutes after that.