Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 04:27 AM

Default 50NL turn straight in blind war, flushing turn and paired river

villain is 24/15/1.25 seems fairly solid. V-bet this river or no?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($50.70)
Button ($30.90)
SB ($60.05)
Hero ($51.45)
UTG ($33.75)
MP ($67.30)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1.5</font>, Hero calls $1.

Flop: ($3) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, SB calls $4.

Turn: ($15) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, SB calls $10.

River: ($35) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero??
Old 11-24-2007, 04:46 AM

Default Re: 50NL turn straight in blind war, flushing turn and paired river

check is fine here. he probably folds/pushes too often to make a VB worth it
Old 11-24-2007, 05:05 AM

you butchered this hand

3bet pf...cold calling is pretty bad.

float the flop. raising is bad
Old 11-24-2007, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you butchered this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate please? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This doesnt seem like standard microstakes to me.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you butchered this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate please? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This doesnt seem like standard microstakes to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

cold calling pf is bad because our hand doesn't like many flops. i.e. we should 3bet or fold. 3betting is more profitable because a) we are in position b) most of his bvb raising range cannot stand a 3bet

BUT if we just call pf (which we shouldn't)

then on the flop raising is bad because of the board texture. Raising accomplishes the same as calling only we've invested 3x the amount of money to get the same effect. Floating his flop bet on scary boards like Axx boards shows considerable strength. Villains double barreling frequency is going to be very low and we can take away the pot a large % of the time when he checks the turn to us. Floating is also superior for another reason, our hand has some equity! If by chance villain does have an ace and we hit our gin card on the turn we can get paid off.

raising this flop would be better on a flop like 932, here we want to raise because a lot of turn cards may induce double barrels.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:18 AM

I don't agree at all with pre-flop being bad. I like a pre-flop call if we're planning to take away a lot of flops (cause a lot of flops are flops that w/ a raise we fold out a lot of his range, enough to make it profitable). And besides that, we have position so we are able to judge the strenght of our relative weak hand a lot better.

On the flop, I like the raise. If you call pre-flop you should be raising this kind of flops (especially w/ your gutshot).

On the turn a value-bet is good. He'll call w/ lots of hands you beat. Ax and stuff, and AQ/AJ/QJ kind of hands.

On the river I can find a value-bet there. He's been very passive for AJ, and AQ too (I expect at least a value-bet (or check/raise) on the turn or a value-bet on the river) and all the sets have been played very passively too, as is a flush.

But I wouldn't bet all that big because we want Ax to call. And I don't think a thinking player would call an all that big bet w/ Ax. Something like 12$?

Although I don't mind checking behind too.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree at all with pre-flop being bad. I like a pre-flop call if we're planning to take away a lot of flops (cause a lot of flops are flops that w/ a raise we fold out a lot of his range, enough to make it profitable). And besides that, we have position so we are able to judge the strenght of our relative weak hand a lot better.

On the flop, I like the raise. If you call pre-flop you should be raising this kind of flops (especially w/ your gutshot).

On the turn a value-bet is good. He'll call w/ lots of hands you beat. Ax and stuff, and AQ/AJ/QJ kind of hands.

On the river I can find a value-bet there. He's been very passive for AJ, and AQ too (I expect at least a value-bet (or check/raise) on the turn or a value-bet on the river) and all the sets have been played very passively too, as is a flush.

But I wouldn't bet all that big because we want Ax to call. And I don't think a thinking player would call an all that big bet w/ Ax. Something like 12$?

Although I don't mind checking behind too.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is like the most backward logic ive ever seen.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:00 AM

I would bet, a full house or a flush isn't check-raising the river unless he's a very tricky player
i would make a valuebet