Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 06:43 AM

Default 99 multiway

UrToothache: Post SB $0.25
ParvelXXX: Post BB $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ParvelXXX [ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9]
Todde36723: Call $0.50
animalmonday: Call $0.50
NNNjBBB: Fold
aztek76: Fold
UrToothache: Fold
ParvelXXX: Raise $0.50

*** FLOP *** [ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K]
ParvelXXX: Bet $0.50

*** TURN *** [ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3]
ParvelXXX: Bet $1.00
Todde36723: Fold
animalmonday: Call $1.00

*** RIVER *** [ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2]
ParvelXXX: Check
animalmonday: Bet $1.00
ParvelXXX: Call $1.00

I raise preflop, standard for me here I guess. The flop is not great for me but I c-bet hoping for atleast one of them to fold as well as getting some info of where I am. Given the flop calls on the somewhat draw heavy board I bet the turn again (mistake?), one fold one calls again, I guess check/calling is best at the river here to let him bet his busted draws. Is this right? Or do you just check/fold somewhere? Turn maybe? Against two flop callers I can call it a day? Against one flop caller I can take the line I took here?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:49 AM

Default Re: 99 multiway

Once you get to the river, I think check-calling is the best play, but I probably check-fold the turn after getting called twice on the flop.

On the flop, I might just go ahead and check-fold immediately. That's a really crappy board for your hand. However, you are at least up against limp-callers rather than cold-callers, and I don't hate the bet or anything.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:09 AM

with no reads i'd check/fold the turn there are a lot of draws out there but K Q flops hit alot of hands
Old 10-18-2007, 03:20 PM

as a default (no reads; can't measure best ev lines against villain's likeliest holdings) i'd bet/fold the turn. you are ahead of all draws, all bottom pairs like A8, J8, T8 and smallish pps. i agree oop on turn here sux, but i like my hand still and that turn card.

on the river, i have a very thin value bet against smallish pps and an 8. maybe AJ says "shucks i can't believe i miss" and calls also. but if you think you can induce a bet from a busted draw by checking, then c/c.