Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: exotic meats

Alligator ftw.

Only saw it in one place before, but it's pretty good, like a chicken/swordfish combo texture wise with quite a unique taste.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alligator ftw.

Only saw it in one place before, but it's pretty good, like a chicken/swordfish combo texture wise with quite a unique taste.

[/ QUOTE ]

alligator is the [censored], I eat it all the time (friends own a restaurant that have fried alligator as an app). Last time I was there, the chef made us alligator ribs, they were great. He boiled them, baked em, smoked them in a smoker, then grilled them to crust them over, [censored] great.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alligator ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

where did you eat this? it sounds like it would be interesting to try. for some reason i think alligator meat would be really tough but i guess i'm just associating it with the skin. any details on how it was prepared?
Old 07-17-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alligator ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

where did you eat this? it sounds like it would be interesting to try. for some reason i think alligator meat would be really tough but i guess i'm just associating it with the skin. any details on how it was prepared?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most cajun, or creole restaurants have some form of alligator, its skinned obv, and he was spot on, its a cross between chicken (as far as density), and imo frog legs. Usually it is batter dipped and deep fried w/ cajun spice. Its usually the underside that is eaten.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:01 PM

Stay away from emu jerky.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:08 PM

How about pickled pigs feet? My dad was crazy for those.

Oh, and how about chicken feet? Asians go crazy for 'em.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tripe is actually really good, the hard part is finding the restaurants that serve the food though, rather than deciding on what to try.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm turkish, and having various kinds of tripe soup with lots of garlic and vinegar after a long night of drinking is pretty standard. Right now I live in spain and most restaurants serve various kinds of tripe. They also serve a lot of cheek meat that I love. One thing I haven't gotten around to trying yet is pigs ears, about which I've heard mixed reviews.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive had pigs foot/ear that was used to flavor tomato sauce, I just tried a little peice, nothing spectacular. What is really funny about this whole trend is that people are paying tons of money, to eat crap. Snoot, ears, feet, tail, those are [censored] parts of the pig, and the only reason to eat them is because there was nothing else available. People are paying top dollar to eat like poor people, and dont even realize it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm. Ever eat potted meat, vienna sausages, spam? That's exactly what you're eating.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tripe is actually really good, the hard part is finding the restaurants that serve the food though, rather than deciding on what to try.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm turkish, and having various kinds of tripe soup with lots of garlic and vinegar after a long night of drinking is pretty standard. Right now I live in spain and most restaurants serve various kinds of tripe. They also serve a lot of cheek meat that I love. One thing I haven't gotten around to trying yet is pigs ears, about which I've heard mixed reviews.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive had pigs foot/ear that was used to flavor tomato sauce, I just tried a little peice, nothing spectacular. What is really funny about this whole trend is that people are paying tons of money, to eat crap. Snoot, ears, feet, tail, those are [censored] parts of the pig, and the only reason to eat them is because there was nothing else available. People are paying top dollar to eat like poor people, and dont even realize it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm. Ever eat potted meat, vienna sausages, spam? That's exactly what you're eating.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, but if I did I wouldnt pay 30$ for it like a bunch of idiots are doing nowadays.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:10 PM

Rocky Mountain Oysters
Old 07-17-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alligator ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I ate it in a restaurant called 'Old Orleans' In Reading UK. It was just a steak (no skin) and my guess was that it was panfried and then baked in the oven.... not sure how it was spiced though, but it was good.

It was also a few years back and haven't seen it anywhere since.