Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 04:23 AM

Default 50NL - TPTK facing heat on river.

Villain is 35/21 over 60 hands. Has folded to a lot of resistance in previous hands, thought this would be a good time to let him hang himself on a good flop.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (BB): $84
UTG: $27.20
MP: $42.65
CO: $49.70
BTN: $79.20
SB: $51.75

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($0.75, 6 players) This is a re-raise a majority of the time, but is it horrible to flat call against this player?
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.75</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $1.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3.75, 2 players) Alright I have my flop, hopefully he has AJ/A10 and a flat call here may get me more value on a non-spade turn. Should I be worried of him holding spades here?
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($9.75, 2 players) Good card. I can take the lead here with 1/2 pot bet, AJ+ calls here as well as another 1/2 on river.
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.75</font>, BTN calls $4.75

<font color="black">River:</font> 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($19.25, 2 players) Doesn't look like it would scare off villain, another 1/2 to take it down.
<font color="red">Hero bets $9</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $30</font>, Hero ? (What the hell is this?)
Old 03-21-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Re: 50NL - TPTK facing heat on river.

this board is way too coordinated to consider checking. plus hell pay you off wth worse aces all day long. bet here for protection as well as for value
Old 03-21-2007, 04:32 AM

RR is standard pf .... I think against such a loose villian a cold-call is bad since his range is so wide. If you are willing to play back at him on non-A / non-K flops then maybe a CC is okay, but if you c/f every non-A non-K flop after cold-calling pre then I think that lets him take too much advantage.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:33 AM

You are oop with your hand. If villain is raising light, as his stats strongly suggest, you should reraise preflop.
The flop is pretty coordinated. Considering villain's stats, he will raise a lot of suited connectors. This is not a good spot for check/calling, imo.
And if villain is such a donk and will call with AJ here, he will probably bet it himself. Why do you want to risk a raise on this board by betting out. If I played the hand like you up to that point, I'd check/call again.

The river is probably a fold. He could be bluffing a whiffed flushdraw, though. But you only beat another A and a weaker 2pair like A7, A6. Your river bet was pretty small and weak looking. So you might have induced a bluff. I'd consider how often he goes to showdown, how many winners he has shown yet and his river aggression and then I'd make a decision based on that.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:37 AM

If I take this line I bet bigger on the turn/river.

If I take this line I fold the river.

I don't like the preflop call, I like it more if your IP with preferably a squeezer in the blinds.

I would c/r the flop IF I get that far, you'd be amazed how light people pay of a c/r on the flop (although I do have a tendency to c/r light on the flop)...
Old 03-21-2007, 05:24 AM

I make the crying call here, hoping that I did indeed induce a bluff. Shockingly, he turns over AA.

River raise had me completely lost, not once did I think I was behind in this hand seeing the way he played it. Guess I was pretty much dead in the water either way. Re-raising preflop may have helped me get away, but he could also get sneaky and just flat call it also.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't like the preflop call, I like it more if your IP with preferably a squeezer in the blinds.

I would c/r the flop IF I get that far, you'd be amazed how light people pay of a c/r on the flop (although I do have a tendency to c/r light on the flop)...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do take the check raise line on the flop, lead the turn and get called what do you like to do on the river? Check folding seems especially bad with the board texture because checking will induce bluffs from missed draws. I find that players will even value bet a weaker ace sometimes if i take a line like that. I find that spots like this are difficult to play. Do you prefer betting for value/blocking or checking to induce on this river?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:58 AM

Against an otherwise passive opponent, I still c/f. He will call a bet with a lot of hands that beat me here or even raise when he is very strong. But he will check behind all of his marginal hands and certainly a big chunk of his winners. When he bets after this kind of action, I can be pretty sure that I'm beat when he bets out.
Against an aggressive player, I am more prone to c/c. I don't like to block, because that block has to be quite big and I hate to get raised on these on an ugly board like this. And he will bet more losing hands than he will call with, probably. I look at his WSD and W$SD stats before I decide this.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do take the check raise line on the flop, lead the turn and get called what do you like to do on the river? Check folding seems especially bad with the board texture because checking will induce bluffs from missed draws. I find that players will even value bet a weaker ace sometimes if i take a line like that. I find that spots like this are difficult to play. Do you prefer betting for value/blocking or checking to induce on this river?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd probably check again on the turn, really weird line and [censored] with villains mind.

I'd never really find myself in that situation though, villain has to be insanely nitty for me to coldcall with AK.