Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 02:44 PM

Default TJJQ with NFD on AK4 board

I don't know about villain. I started off trying to value bet a NF big against him. He thought for a minute and folded. He said he had a set and that I was an idiot (I flopped middle set and NFD). Then a couple of hands later he tried to tilt off all his money into me but caught a 2 outer on the river. Whenever he loses a pot he says the other player is an idiot, so I figured him for a big fish. However, lately he had been playing several pots with high sets, but been unlucky and lost.

Obviously this is an instacall when he has that little money, but if we were deep (say 150 BB), should I still stack off here or should I try to call and see if I hit? I'm wondering about what line is best if this flop occurs deep stacked

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) roggles is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">roggles raises to $4.5</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($14, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">roggles bets $14</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises all-in $34.35</font>, UTG folds, roggles calls.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: TJJQ with NFD on AK4 board

If you are really deep stacked, calling is fine. With a draw this large, you can get paid off for many of your outs. Sets will not fold the turn anyway.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:01 PM

You have position so I'd probably call half the time and shove half the time deep stacked. Out of position I'd shove it everytime.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:04 PM

i would call - a hidden plus is if you hit a rr club draw your hand is very well disguised