Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 04:24 PM

Default SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (-3) v. DAL

I think this is the best bet of all the wild card playoff games (taking Seattle at -3). Because..

Here we have a Dallas Cowboys team that just lost to the second worst team in the league AT HOME, have a rookie QB that is starting to play like one, and are currently grossly overrated due to the star power the team has and the national appeal of the cowboys. The cowboys this season are a slightly better version of the Carolina Panthers, both with lots of stars but didnt (Panthers) and wont (Cowboys) live up to expectations.

On top of that the Cowboys are facing a Seahawks team that won the NFC division last year with a healthy Hasselbeck and Alexander, is thirsty for revenge from the Super Bowl and you can bet Holmgren will use that as a pre game motivator, and is hosting a cowboys team at Qwest field with the loudest crowd in the entire league (12th man).

I've placed my bets on the Seahawks, but my prediction is that not only do they cover 3 points, they blow Dallas out of the Puget Sound. Anyone agree/disagree?
Old 01-06-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (-3) v. DAL

I don't know when you made the wager, but the line has gone down starting last night. If you made the SEA bet today, you should have been able to get -2.5 or better. There is a big difference in value from -3 to -2.5.

Personally, I like SEA to win the game and I am shopping as much as possible to find the absolute best line. I share some of your opinions on the game and hope you are right!
Old 01-06-2007, 04:40 PM

Ive been betting with Bodog and I placed the bets this morning. Im starting to think Bodog is one of the worst sites for good lines. Do you have any recommendations for better sites. Ive noticed Bodog consistantly will have a game at (-7) instead of (-6.5) etc..
Old 01-06-2007, 05:01 PM

Pinny is the best. Lines open early.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:01 PM

Pinny has the Seahawks at -1 last time I checked. As well, Fezzik has Dallas as his pick.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:07 PM

that bodog line is ridiculous...

it's something like +3 (-145) or -3 (+120)...

just move the damn line down..
Old 01-06-2007, 05:10 PM

it's perfectly reasonable to like seattle in this matchup, but to act like they are more motivated than dallas is pretty dumb
Old 01-06-2007, 06:47 PM

I took Seattle because they play so well at home, because the weather should affect Dallas somewhat, and because Dallas has been such a public team lately with Romo et al.

I did get the Hawks at -3 last night on Pinny, but it was at +115 which is the equivalent of a -2.5 line anyway.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:53 PM

Bodog's lines are really bad a lot of the time.
I guess they are giving me the 'square' lines (they supposedly have better quality lines for some of their players but I have no idea what you have to do to get these lines, nor do I care enough to try).

Pinny lines are usually much better.
Also a couple other books I shop at.

When Fezzik announced his DAL +3 play I took it.
Just as he predicted, the line has moved significantly since then and now it's down to just +1.

If you like SEA in this matchup it would have been a decent idea to wait for the inevitable line-move.
DAL is a popular public-team AND some of the sharps were liking them too.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im starting to think Bodog is one of the worst sites for good lines. Do you have any recommendations for better sites. Ive noticed Bodog consistantly will have a game at (-7) instead of (-6.5) etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

That means Bodog is a GREAT site, but the other way. If everyone in the world has a game at 6.5 but Bodog has it at 7, then betting the underdog +7 should be profitable.