Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 07:23 PM

Default Micro limit bankroll situation

I play on FTP, my bankroll is around 300 dollars. 3 tabling if possible. .50-1.00 is the first games i look at. but I usually play the best limit games going. so if there are 3 .25-.50 games at 3.50+ average pots, i will play them rather than playing in a .50-1.00 game with a average pot of 6.00 and under. My thinking is why risk the extra money in a game that is not as good, when i can just play more tables at a lower limit.

Here is my question...
For a winning player, do you think it would be too out of line to step into a good 1-2 game? My thinking is beings i play games that i have a 600bb bankroll for, could i step up and play a good game when it pops up with a 150bb bankroll.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Micro limit bankroll situation

sure, as long as u can step down (almost immediatly) once u start down swinging. dont make shot taking ur main priority, but if u see some donks at 1/2, and table conditions are good (avg pot, players per flop %...), then by all means , take a shot if u are competent at the game
Old 11-10-2006, 09:16 AM

1/2 with $300 bucks is hardly a shot if you're winning .5/1 and .25/.50. These games tend to be filled with 2/4 Hold'em players trying to get their feet wet in a different game. However, 2/4 and up gets a little dicey and ultra-tight (especially at Stars, the 3/6 games can even be looser,) but still very winnable.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, 2/4 and up gets a little dicey and ultra-tight (especially at Stars, the 3/6 games can even be looser,) but still very winnable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait...i think u messed a word up. r the games tighter or looser? I found on Party the 2/4+ games were very loose (i only played up to 5/10 tho), but on Stars and FTP i find them to b a lot tighter, and generally better quality player. but, i havnt played L08 on FTP in like 5months, so things may have changed...
Old 11-10-2006, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, 2/4 and up gets a little dicey and ultra-tight (especially at Stars, the 3/6 games can even be looser,) but still very winnable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait...i think u messed a word up. r the games tighter or looser? I found on Party the 2/4+ games were very loose (i only played up to 5/10 tho), but on Stars and FTP i find them to b a lot tighter, and generally better quality player. but, i havnt played L08 on FTP in like 5months, so things may have changed...

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting.... I've found the opposite to be true at the 6-max tables. Party definitely had stronger shorthanded players in the lower levels (relative to PS). Granted, my sample size is less than a month on Stars, but I've been amazed at the poor quality of 6-max players.

But definitely unwinnable, no need to go there, please stay away... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2006, 12:23 PM

I was referring to Stars, and my experience with FTP. Party was tight for the few sessions I was at. If this is an exception, then my bailing out of Party was a bit premature a year ago.
I feel there's something about people who grinded up from micro-stakes up to 2/4 who play so damn tight, no wonder the win rate for a step down to 1/2 is much higher. I'm easily 'rolled for 2/4, but 1/2 is much more profitable. 3/6, on the other hand, lots of Hold'em players who want to "try out" O8.