Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2006, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Big Pot Heads Up - Dealer Mucks Opponents Cards - Horrible Ruling.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I wouldn't be that upset about winning the hand there. If villain had KhKx, he had 11 outs, so you might have lost a huge pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize how wrong you are here?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you pick up the pot now, you win 467. 205 of that was yours, so you gain 262.

If you each put another 450 in, there will be 1367 total. Villain has 11 outs of 44 cards left, so you are exactly a 3-1 favorite. 3/4 of 1367 is 1025, which is your expected win. You put 655 in the pot, so your expected gain is 370.

So your gain is 262 if villain folds or his cards or mucked and your expected gain is 370 if both players go allin. So you do better on average going allin, but the difference is not as much as you might think.

Villain is getting 2-1 on his money, but is a 3-1 dog, so getting the money in is advantageous, but not hugely so.

I am not saying that getting him to fold is preferable, just that it is not that bad a result.

[/ QUOTE ]

A difference ot 108 EV dollars (41% more) is huge. I hope you realize how wrong you are in this aspect of the situation.

I repeat that dealer was doing his job, hero is being a douche, seat 1 learned a valuable lesson on protecting his hand while being a uber-douche.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was just saying that the gain from getting allin is not as great as it seems. Of course you would prefer to get allin.

Dealer was not doing his job. Dealer screwed up big by mucking the hand of one of two people in a big pot. There was really no reason dealer should do this. Seat 1 also screwed up big in leaving his cards unprotected while in a huge pot.