Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:40 AM

Default Re: new more damning absolute evidence

I have been taking all of this in over the last 24 hours and I am blown away by it all, and hugely impressed by the effort you are all putting into piecing this debacle together.

In my view it every effort should be made to encourage the mainstream media to cover the story. This would force Absolute to take responsibility for what has happened. The alternative is that this whole issue will blow over with only a handful of people knowing the full magnitude of what has happened. That would be a damn shame.

The difficulty is that all the information that I have come across is embedded in threads on forums etc, and drenched in poker 'culture' and jargon. I have been playing online poker regularly for a year or so and it took me well over an hour to get a clear understanding of what has happened. The average casual poker player or non-player just won't bother.

I think the best way to encourage the recognition of the mainstream media would be for someone with a media / PR / marketing bent to put together a one or two page summary of the whole situation that is easily digestible by the layperson who may only have a passing knowledge of poker. It would summarise the main points without jargon, but not be so superficial that it would be written off as a conspiracy theory. Presentation will be key. It would provide links to all the key sources for anyone who wanted to take this further. Then this summary document can be distributed widely. When one well respected newspaper picks it up, the story will spread from there.

Another shortcut to mainstream recognition would be for a well know poker player to take up the cause.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In my view it every effort should be made to encourage the mainstream media to cover the story. This would force Absolute to take responsibility for what has happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather we work to have AP take responsibility and identify those involved directly, using the media as a last resort. AP is already feeling the heat and has agreed to work w/ our crack investigative team to get to the bottom of this. I don't want "online poker is rigged" stories scaring away my customers any more than they do already. But it's a free country and I'm sure this will make plenty of news anyway.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:50 AM

Old 10-16-2007, 06:52 AM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I'm not really sure what P5s expect to find in there, a big red computer labelled SUPERUSER 363 USE ONLY? Still, it's a positive development that big organisations like bonuswhores and pocketfives are starting to see which way the wind is blowing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Good to see Pocketfives doing the right thing, but a tour of AP's office will be totally useless.

Instead, they should demand a telephone conversation with a top manager at AP, addressing all their concerns honestly.

Among questions that badly need to be answered:

1) What were the IP addresses being used by GRAYCAT, STEAMROLLER, DOUBLEDRAG, and POTRIPPER? Were they all the same? Did they all correspond to the same area? Did they match the listed geographic locations of those 4 accounts?

2) Did those 4 accounts ever cash out (or attempt to)? If so, how much?

3) What were the IPs of SUPERCARDM55 and REYMNALDO? Were these guys from Costa Rica? Did they ever successfully cash out?

4) What is the story with account 363?

5) How do you explain POTRIPPER's play if there is no superuser account?

6) Did your security team immediately suspend SUPERCARDM55 and REYMNALDO after they received hundreds of thousands of dollars of dumped chips? If not, how did they miss this?

7) If it is an accepted fact that such chip dumping occurred, why haven't the funds been confiscated and returned to those who lost to these accounts, regardless of whether or not a superuser was involved?

8) Have the actual owners of GRAYCAT, STEAMROLLER, DOUBLEDRAG, and POTRIPPER been contacted by telephone? Have they admitted to being the ones on the accounts, or do they deny knowledge of playing in the first place?

9) How were SUPERCARDM55, DOUBLEDRAG, POTRIPPER, REYMNALDO, GRAYCAT, and STEAMROLLER initially funded? Did someone transfer money to them? If so, who?

Until we get the answers to the above, AP should be kept on the hot seat.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got the email headers from Marco.

The AP email originated from: 216.94.0.217

I can't seem to figure out what I can know from that IP. Is anyone who's really good with networks out there?

nslookup tells me it's an AP address:

217.0.94.216.in-addr.arpa name = mail.absolutepoker.com.

But that isn't really interesting. Is there anything else to be learned here?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's probably sent from AP's webmail if it's the only IP you see, and we should be able to confirm it through other headers (name of the sending software, etc.). Any other interesting headers in the mail maybe ? A lot of webmails give away the IP address of the person using it. Could you c/p the full headers or is it too sensitive information ?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(4:18:34 AM) CrazyMarco: at the ft it was sick
(4:18:37 AM) CrazyMarco: potripper
(4:18:40 AM) CrazyMarco: at very beggining
(4:18:42 AM) CrazyMarco: typed in
(4:18:52 AM) CrazyMarco: im going to put u all to sleep
(4:18:55 AM) GIFAFI: lol
(4:18:55 AM) CrazyMarco: one at a time
(4:18:57 AM) GIFAFI: wow
(4:18:58 AM) CrazyMarco: ur all gonna sleep
(4:19:05 AM) GIFAFI: so he was talking [censored] too
(4:19:08 AM) GIFAFI: cocky [censored]
(4:19:09 AM) CrazyMarco: then he proceeded to knock out just about every person
(4:19:12 AM) CrazyMarco: and after each bust
(4:19:16 AM) CrazyMarco: he fluttered box
(4:19:17 AM) CrazyMarco: with
(4:19:18 AM) CrazyMarco: sleep
(4:19:19 AM) CrazyMarco: sleep
(4:19:21 AM) CrazyMarco: sleep
(4:19:24 AM) CrazyMarco: ur all gonna sleep
(4:19:29 AM) CrazyMarco: over and over and over again
(4:19:31 AM) GIFAFI: wow
(4:19:33 AM) CrazyMarco: it was tilting me so hard
(4:19:43 AM) CrazyMarco: waco was just laughing
(4:19:46 AM) CrazyMarco: like this guys my hero
(4:19:48 AM) CrazyMarco: sigh
(4:19:51 AM) GIFAFI: i wonder who the [censored] would think it's a good idea to bring attention to themselves like that
(4:19:56 AM) GIFAFI: when they're cheating
(4:20:00 AM) CrazyMarco: yeah for real
(4:20:10 AM) CrazyMarco: he knoced out everone but 1 person
(4:20:14 AM) CrazyMarco: and typed in each time
(4:20:19 AM) CrazyMarco: and typed long rant at beggining
(4:20:24 AM) CrazyMarco: how its were all gonna sleep
(4:20:32 AM) CrazyMarco: i was hoping it was in the hh
(4:20:33 AM) CrazyMarco: on AP

[/ QUOTE ]

This is insane - didn't Mark Seif talk smack in the same manner to the guy he played HU before he won every hand against him for the next hour or so? Is that standard protocol at AP: "When playing with superuser help, talk as much junk as possible to your opponents" - It's almost like the guy wants to attract more attention to himself and his actions.... or he's just a complete idiot.

Keep up the solid investigative work, guys, seems like things are snowballing rather quickly with good results.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:05 AM

ok guys, these developments, exciting implications, etc. -> new thread time.

as usual, whenever someone writes a full summary, I'll lock this thread and we can all go over to the next one. This time, Dan Druff's post (minus a couple of things we can't prove, because I have a feeling that the media will be checking that next thread extensively) backed up by proof should be the starting point for that OP.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(4:18:34 AM) CrazyMarco: at the ft it was sick
(4:18:37 AM) CrazyMarco: potripper
(4:18:40 AM) CrazyMarco: at very beggining
(4:18:42 AM) CrazyMarco: typed in
(4:18:52 AM) CrazyMarco: im going to put u all to sleep
(4:18:55 AM) GIFAFI: lol
(4:18:55 AM) CrazyMarco: one at a time
(4:18:57 AM) GIFAFI: wow
(4:18:58 AM) CrazyMarco: ur all gonna sleep
(4:19:05 AM) GIFAFI: so he was talking [censored] too
(4:19:08 AM) GIFAFI: cocky [censored]
(4:19:09 AM) CrazyMarco: then he proceeded to knock out just about every person
(4:19:12 AM) CrazyMarco: and after each bust
(4:19:16 AM) CrazyMarco: he fluttered box
(4:19:17 AM) CrazyMarco: with
(4:19:18 AM) CrazyMarco: sleep
(4:19:19 AM) CrazyMarco: sleep
(4:19:21 AM) CrazyMarco: sleep
(4:19:24 AM) CrazyMarco: ur all gonna sleep
(4:19:29 AM) CrazyMarco: over and over and over again
(4:19:31 AM) GIFAFI: wow
(4:19:33 AM) CrazyMarco: it was tilting me so hard
(4:19:43 AM) CrazyMarco: waco was just laughing
(4:19:46 AM) CrazyMarco: like this guys my hero
(4:19:48 AM) CrazyMarco: sigh
(4:19:51 AM) GIFAFI: i wonder who the [censored] would think it's a good idea to bring attention to themselves like that
(4:19:56 AM) GIFAFI: when they're cheating
(4:20:00 AM) CrazyMarco: yeah for real
(4:20:10 AM) CrazyMarco: he knoced out everone but 1 person
(4:20:14 AM) CrazyMarco: and typed in each time
(4:20:19 AM) CrazyMarco: and typed long rant at beggining
(4:20:24 AM) CrazyMarco: how its were all gonna sleep
(4:20:32 AM) CrazyMarco: i was hoping it was in the hh
(4:20:33 AM) CrazyMarco: on AP

[/ QUOTE ]

This is insane - didn't Mark Seif talk smack in the same manner to the guy he played HU before he won every hand against him for the next hour or so? Is that standard protocol at AP: "When playing with superuser help, talk as much junk as possible to your opponents" - It's almost like the guy wants to attract more attention to himself and his actions.... or he's just a complete idiot.

Keep up the solid investigative work, guys, seems like things are snowballing rather quickly with good results.

[/ QUOTE ]

GRAYCAT not only talked trash, but he would leave the game and continue to do so from the rail.

I think the piece of [censored] actually got a rush out of beating and frustrating the top pros on the site.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:21 AM

new cliff notes: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12523924
Old 10-16-2007, 07:22 AM

nice job josem.

also last.
Closed Thread