Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: aba caught bluffing against bobby baldwin in 1.8mil pot

[ QUOTE ]
A guy I know dealt the hand. He said it was plo.

Turn action board is QJxx no flush yet. aba pots it for 207k, Baldwin calls with AKQJ. River is a T for no flush. Aba thinks for a while and pots 621k or whatever. Baldwin thinks for a few min, to consider running it twice or what? They both have money behind he said, like maybe 200k or more. Baldwin just calls with the stone nuts!

He said it may be a high stakes etiquette since he is already winning the 1.8m pot why take another 200k off the guy?? I dunno sounds dumb, if you're playing poker shouldn't you always be going for blood? Especially in a big game like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, it splains a lot.

Bobby is wicked smart. He "knew" that Brian was bluffing and could not pay off a raise on the end. He also calculated that if he just called, Brian would "know" that Bobby could read him so well that Bobby knew that a raise would be worthless.

However, Bobby calculated that to play the hand this way would put Brian on tilt. This way Brian would know what Bobby knew and not be able to chalk it off as just another failed bluff when he couldn't call the raise.

Bobby just miscalculated the extent/reaction of said tilt. Brian lifetilted so badly that had to leave the table, bow to Bobby, get manager to rack up an unknown amount of chips for him, get homesick/leave town, and not be able to post the hand as promised two days ago.

Sometimes Bobby is too smart for his own good. Bobby was definitely going for blood.

Unless Bobby thought that Brian had the nuts too and was trying to save time. ie Chad Brown v Kristy Gazes lol
Old 07-16-2007, 11:16 PM

Really close to taking the following position.

THERE ARE RIGHT AND WRONG ANSWERS IN THIS THREAD. IF YOU INSIST ON BEING WRONG YOU WILL GO IN THE DOORKNOB BOX AND SIT THERE AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE.

Hint: pfunk is right.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really close to taking the following position.

THERE ARE RIGHT AND WRONG ANSWERS IN THIS THREAD. IF YOU INSIST ON BEING WRONG YOU WILL GO IN THE DOORKNOB BOX AND SIT THERE AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE.

Hint: pfunk is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's a doorknob box?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:41 PM

Daniel and Jennifer remind me of Ross and Rachel. They should really just get together already.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Turn action board is QJxx no flush yet. aba pots it for 207k, Baldwin calls with AKQJ. River is a T for no flush. Aba thinks for a while and pots 621k or whatever. Baldwin thinks for a few min, to consider running it twice or what? They both have money behind he said, like maybe 200k or more. Baldwin just calls with the stone nuts!

He said it may be a high stakes etiquette since he is already winning the 1.8m pot why take another 200k off the guy?? I dunno sounds dumb, if you're playing poker shouldn't you always be going for blood? Especially in a big game like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bobby is wicked smart. He "knew" that Brian was bluffing and could not pay off a raise on the end. He also calculated that if he just called, Brian would "know" that Bobby could read him so well that Bobby knew that a raise would be worthless.

However, Bobby calculated that to play the hand this way would put Brian on tilt. This way Brian would know what Bobby knew and not be able to chalk it off as just another failed bluff when he couldn't call the raise.

Bobby just miscalculated the extent/reaction of said tilt. Brian lifetilted so badly that had to leave the table, bow to Bobby, get manager to rack up an unknown amount of chips for him, get homesick/leave town, and not be able to post the hand as promised two days ago.

Sometimes Bobby is too smart for his own good. Bobby was definitely going for blood.

Unless Bobby thought that Brian had the nuts too and was trying to save time. ie Chad Brown v Kristy Gazes lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a reason to run it twice. He figures Brian has the nuts as well, and if he runs it twice and fills up or had best had on the turn, he can 3/4 the pot.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a reason to run it twice. He figures Brian has the nuts as well, and if he runs it twice and fills up or had best had on the turn, he can 3/4 the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah

Edit: Sure hope that this reply is "right thinking" enough for Dids.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

possibly the dumbest post yet, and how can you people honestly sit there and rag on aba when he is a winner in the game over the past couple weeks, he had a losing session get over it, everyone has them and i'm guessing from some of the responses i have read that the majority of idiots in this thread have them more then they have winning ones.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

However, Bobby calculated that to play the hand this way would put Brian on tilt. This way Brian would know

Edit:Oops, this may now be the dumbest post.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

possibly the dumbest post yet, and how can you people honestly sit there and rag on aba when he is a winner in the game over the past couple weeks, he had a losing session get over it, everyone has them and i'm guessing from some of the responses i have read that the majority of idiots in this thread have them more then they have winning ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nahhh...Dumbest post is "What's a doorknob box?".

I'm so dumb that I didn't even realize that I was ragging on Brian/Aba!
Old 07-17-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nahhh...Dumbest post is "What's a doorknob box?".

I'm so dumb that I didn't even realize that I was ragging on Brian/Aba!

[/ QUOTE ]

I sincerely hope that you are kidding.