Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 09:51 PM

Default $25nl - Rivered two pair against an iffy maniac

BB and I have a bit of a history. He started off the session by buying in for $5 and pushing every single hand. He did this until he lost $25 (20 of it to me in 4 consecutive hands). After this, he sat out a round, then bought in full and seems to be playing tight. He pushed one hadn preflop, everyone folded. We played a hand where we both flopped the same non-nut straight and he called down. Then this hand.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $25.85
UTG: $23.30
MP: $26.50
Hero (CO): $62.65
BTN: $15.70
SB: $15.50

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG calls $0.25, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $1, UTG calls $1

Flop: ($3.85) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($3.85) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1</font>, UTG calls $1, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, BB calls $4, UTG folds

River: ($14.85) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $19.60 and is All-In</font>, Hero ???
Old 11-20-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: $25nl - Rivered two pair against an iffy maniac

I would cbet flop. The flop is fairly non-scary and chances are it didn't hit anyone, you still can improve with 2 strong overcards.

As played I would snap call this. I think that villain has a lot of worse 2 pair combinations. I doubt he would play a set like this. The only thing to be scared of here is a flush but I think that this is a small part of this range and you're good here enough times to make a profitable call.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:52 PM

that's the beauty of playing as a maniac, who knows what he has, and he's more likely to get an overbet called when he hits his draw. I have to call this, but i'm also reaching for a reload with my other hand.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:36 PM

I cant see letting this go. Its very possible he could have made his draw here but because hes a maniac its equally possible he has something like Ax. Like allbad said, i make the call but at the same time don't be surprise if he may have made his draw.