Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-08-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Absolutely heated about JC Tran situation at Foxwoods

I'm going to apologize in advance for being [censored] irate about this, but the bottom line is, the fact that this muppet villain in the hand is NOT walking away with his head down thinking "i'll never do that again" is a TRAVESTY to this game

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Check out the video. www.cardplayer.com/tv/29329

As I have posted in the past, I personally have been [censored] in the same way, where a player CLEARLY throws his had towards the muck, ad instead, the dealer decides to keep his hand live. Absolutely [censored] obnoxious....

During a tournament in an all-in situation it is the CORRECT ruling for that players hand to be turned up, despite tossing it face down towards the muck.

I do NOT care what the ruling is, Foxwoods or otherwise. If a player in ANY hand decided to so BLATANTLY throw their cards towards the muck, ALL IN OR NOT, the hand is OVER. Once that player decides to throw his cards into the muck, THERE IS ONLY ONE PLAYER REMAINING IN THE HAND.

Absolutely un[censored]ing real....Instead of this donkey walking away for the mistake he made after getting PWNED, JC Tran is sitting there without the 20k pot. Like Chau Giang said, JC should have been shipped that pot...period.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Absolutely heated about JC Tran situation at Foxwoods

I thought from the video it looked clear that he tried to flip his cards face up but they didn't turn over... anyway the floor ruled that he couldn't muck his hand, so what exactly has the player done wrong?
The TD explained why the rule was necessary; to prevent collusion and chip dumping.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:42 PM

If you dont wanna play by the rules, dont play.

Next.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:47 PM

1. Inconclusive that player was mucking hand.
2. Cards did not hit muck
3. All Ins require both cards to be exposed to prevent collusion

Conclusion:
1. Right decision bad outcome
2. Seen worse bad beats! (always put on me of course)
3. Tournaments are luckfests
Old 11-08-2007, 01:50 PM

In the video does it matter that the guy that mucked his cards appeared to be paying off JC. It looked like he had slipped the chips over to JC and surrendering the hand.

Seems based on the rules like a good ruling but it appeared to me that there was no mistaking his intention to fold there.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:53 PM

This is really sick. While the guy clearly was trying to muck his cards the TD is right that if they can retrieve them they have to go face up for the AI situation. Did anyone notice how after he tossed his hand not only did he not attempt to turn his cards over (which he would have done if he truly meant to table his hand) but started moving his chips over to JC?

The problem is the rule. JC got screwed even though the ruling was correct. They need to change the rule.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:53 PM

The intent of the caller was to muck his hand.... it was not to flip them up... He threw them towards the dealer not trying to flip them up on the table. One of the cards actually exited what is consider the playing area of felt and went into the chip rack which is considered in many places to be off the table.
You are correct that both hands are to be shown during an all in where no more action can take place but if a player wishes to kill his hand that can be done so and then expose the hand. The callers intent was to fold. The dealer prevented it by turning the hand up. At no time is a dealer or other player to touch a live hand and turn it up, that is the responsibility of the player of the hand. The dealer could have instructed the player to turn over the hand but the dealer should not have turned it over without killing the hand first.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. Seen worse bad beats! (always put on me of course)

[/ QUOTE ]

Has nothing to do with it. This guy pushed his cards FACE DOWN towards the dealer after seeing JC Tran's hand. One of the cards flipped after hitting a pile of chips inadvertently. If people do not have the self control to let their cards read, and shove their cards towards the muck out of pure tiltspew, they should lose their privilege to win the pot.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:57 PM

He looks legit:

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the video does it matter that the guy that mucked his cards appeared to be paying off JC. It looked like he had slipped the chips over to JC and surrendering the hand.

Seems based on the rules like a good ruling but it appeared to me that there was no mistaking his intention to fold there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, he drops a few chips from his stack in front of Tran's. Who does this? I don't know, complete fishcake obviously. Besides the point however....

NOBODY throws their hand away like he did, if they are attempting to stay involved in the hand. Let me ask you this.... If spewdonk shoved, as he did in this situation, but instead showed AK, and Tran had called with JJ on the 995 flop, do you HONESTLY think he would have thrown his hand away like that? No. He's a donk, if you don't want to let your hand read, rebuy.