Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Where can I bet on American Idol?

I wouldn't say MOST 2+2'ers got killed last year - at least not though who stayed on top of the wagering. I had a heavy position on Melinda, but still made a decent profit in the end. Probably because I never put a dime on Lakisha.

Talking about AI makes me giddy for the new season to start. Nothing fulfills my degenerate gambling desires like watching people's dreams get crushed on TV.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:45 AM

I was the same way. I took Melinda early on and made money on her just as her price started falling. I also made money on her the night she got booted. I never made any Lakisha wagers. I got killed when Phil outlasted Sanjaya.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:03 PM

I bought Melinda early then sold for profit when the price was too high. Then I invested in some chick named Jordin Sparks for $4 each. LaKiska bothered me from day one so no danger there.

Can't wait for this season to begin. I've already been following threads on rumored contestants in the idol forums. Apparently Hollywood week is at the end of this month.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:35 PM

OT for this thread, but not worth a new thread: Has anyone listened to the Jordin Sparks' album? Probably not my type of music, but we spend so much time following the show (and she ultimately made me money), so I feel like I owe it to her and the show to at least give the album a quick listen. Just curious if people think it's decent or terrible.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:56 PM

american idol sucks kelly clarkson ftw
Old 11-20-2007, 05:34 PM

The CD apparently is released today. It is getting good reviews. You can listen to the tracks here.

I like country so this isn't really my type of music. I wont be buying this CD. I do like Tattoo, Now You Tell Me, Permanent Monday, and This Is My Now (even though most everyone here hated this one). The rest are 'meh' for me.