Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Trips facing a nit c/r

[ QUOTE ]
I think draws are a decent part of his range really - a lot moreso than the case jack mathematically. I assume that 'he plays pretty well post flop' means that he's able to use his nit image when he believes it to be +EV, and this seems like a reasonable spot to make a play with air/draws/some PPs.

Yeah, you're obv. crushed if behind here, however I'm willing to stack off 110 bbs in a spot like this and watch him call as he's priced in with Ax [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

by "plays decent postflop", I just mean he's not a retard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Do you think nits are really capable of using their image to their advantage often enough here? Care to show a stove calc saying a shove is +EV?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Re: Trips facing a nit c/r

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think draws are a decent part of his range really - a lot moreso than the case jack mathematically. I assume that 'he plays pretty well post flop' means that he's able to use his nit image when he believes it to be +EV, and this seems like a reasonable spot to make a play with air/draws/some PPs.

Yeah, you're obv. crushed if behind here, however I'm willing to stack off 110 bbs in a spot like this and watch him call as he's priced in with Ax [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

by "plays decent postflop", I just mean he's not a retard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Do you think nits are really capable of using their image to their advantage often enough here? Care to show a stove calc saying a shove is +EV?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right for the most part, many nits are simply cook by the book bots. That said, I think it really depends on what style you're playing as well as I've CERTAINLY caught nits making huge moves on me (often on paired boards / drawy boards) or simply overplaying hands in general.

I know if I'm running 15/12 or somthing due to table conditions, I almost always change gears and start being more active until people catch on.

Results?