Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 03:33 AM

Default Which iPoker Skin Should I Choose?

I am transitioning from playing sngs on Party to cashgames. I am sick of dealing with Party and hear that iPoker is softer competition. I have a few noob questions.

Does it matter what iPoker skin I choose?
i.e. do they all share the same player base?
What are my chances of getting iPoker rakeback?
Does iPoker allow datamining?
Any other comments on iPoker software?

If it matters, I am going to play from 50NL and work my way up. I am an experienced Party $22-$55 sng 12-tabler but have a lot to learn about cash game intricacies before I dive right in. Eventually I will be playing close to full-time at much higher stakes, but I have no timeframe on this. If anyone can help me out with any rakeback suggestions that would be much appreciated.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:48 AM

Default Re: Which iPoker Skin Should I Choose?

I had the same dilemna as you when deciding what ipoker skin to choose.
After my research it seems that a lot of players go from one skin to another to get the sign up bonuses at each skin.(I plan to do this!)
I've started at POKER UTD just cos they offer a 160% bonus. But thats because I only had a $200 bankroll. If you are putting in $600 you may be better off at another skin.

They do all share the same player base, but each skin will also have its own private tournments for its players only.

Forget about getting rakeback. Ipoker is a no rakeback network and things have really tightened up in that respect.

Overall i've found the network to be as soft as everyone says it is. I've almost doubled my bankroll and all I play is small heads up sng's and i've only been on a few days.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does it matter what iPoker skin I choose?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, for bonuses, RB, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
i.e. do they all share the same player base?

[/ QUOTE ]
As on pretty much any network, yes, same player base.

[ QUOTE ]
What are my chances of getting iPoker rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty good...either RB or a points-for-cash equivalent. iPoker doesn't "allow" RB, but there's a thread about it in the A/R forum where you can post for offers.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:10 AM

Thanks a lot for your replies they helped a lot. Which iPoker software do you find easiest to use? I will be 4-tabling 6-max NL cash FWIW.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks a lot for your replies they helped a lot. Which iPoker software do you find easiest to use? I will be 4-tabling 6-max NL cash FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe they're all pretty much identical, with just different colour schemes, etc.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:00 AM

Betfred and it isn't close. They have by far the best deposit/withdrawal system - pay money back on to your card, it'll clear in your bank the day after next, as many transactions as you like quickly processed with none of this "pending" [censored] of the other skins. Telephone support with friendly ENGLISH people at any time. And 100% deposit bonus up to $500 and points for rakeback. The only annoying thing is rather than proper rakeback once a month you get it as you play, $10 at a time (which means you don't notice it, use it to top up on a table etc). But it clears quickly at $1-$2 and up.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:02 AM

Oh, and CD Poker is a rogue site, don't go near them. Robotic customer service somewhere in the Philipenes, and two weeks to process a cashout, before which you have to earn God knows how many points, send in photocopies of your passport, proof of address, front and back of credit card etc. There's none of this [censored] with Betfred. I hope CDPoker go bust, they are the worst skin I ever played on and I hate them. Don't give them your business.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:07 AM

There is a guy selling an iPoker datamining program but there are issues around it - I believe all the data you mine, it shares back with their servers so they built their own database from yoru data. And there's no free trial, virtually all the features are disabled before you buy it. I don't think it can even open and close tables.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:51 PM

NOIQ or BETFRED I would say - BetFred is owned by a big UK bookies and is absolutely solid financially.
NoIQ I use myself and they cash out to NT instantly..
Old 10-16-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've started at POKER UTD just cos they offer a 160% bonus. But thats because I only had a $200 bankroll. If you are putting in $600 you may be better off at another skin.

They do all share the same player base, but each skin will also have its own private tournments for its players only.

[/ QUOTE ]

The quality of a bonus is not how many percentages you get.

However. I just would like to say that the competition at Ipoker is NOT very soft anymore. True, there is still fish and they will continue to exist but if you compare to other networks, it is muuuuch tighter. IOW, not the same fishy network as 12 months ago.