Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 10-13-2007, 10:34 PM

Default $100 NL QQ r/r PF

Villain is 40/14/3 over 150 hands. Haven't seen much from him since I sat down though.

If the flop isn't all spades or I have one do I flat call flop?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $116.70
BTN: $100
SB: $162.30
BB: $57.60

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $16</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $11

Flop: ($33) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $25</font>, Hero...?

Thanks,
ChipsAhoya
Old 10-14-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Re: $100 NL QQ r/r PF

shove, get called by 88-JJ, any AsX or KsX
Old 10-14-2007, 12:20 AM

Few things

- I don't really like 5BB as a standard open here, but I guess it's not a huge thing. Is this normal for you?

- Has there been a lot of 3betting at this table? If I had an active image and there had been some 3betting going on, I would be inclined to 4bet this preflop. A call in position without a lot of history seems fine, though.

- If I had QhQs or the flop wasn't all spades I'd be inclined to shove over his flop lead 4-handed. His stats look pretty aggro/donkish, etc.

As played, this is tricky. A lot would depend on reads (has he been general laggro or passive, will he fire multiple barrels, does he only 3bet the nuts pre, etc.). I would probably call her and re-eval on the turn. Obv if the board 4 flushes and he leads we're folding. If an over falls and he leads I'm probably folding. If the turn bricks out I'm probably all in.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:29 AM

fishsticks-

flatcalling this flop is terrible
Old 10-14-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably call her and re-eval on the turn. Obv if the board 4 flushes and he leads we're folding. If an over falls and he leads I'm probably folding. If the turn bricks out I'm probably all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

if we flat the flop planning to fold the turn were giving up a huge amount of equity, way too often. vs this guy we have the nuts.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fishsticks-

flatcalling this flop is terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Whyfor? Given he's 40/14 I think his 3betting range is semi smallsh since he flat calls so often. He's a bad player and will define his hand for us. He can't/won't really bluff if a spade or over falls on the turn. If he has something like AsKh we're a slight dog now, but he'll still get it all in on a bricked turn with us when we're a big favorite.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:16 AM

except hes going broke with any overpair and probably any decent spade combo, letting more cards come scares his overpairs and lets him hit his overvalued combo draw for a cheaper price
Old 10-14-2007, 01:25 AM

I'm not sure he stacks off with any overpair, two red nines might fold to a raise here but might put in some more money on a brick turn. I think he'll still pay on the turn for those same combo draws, except at a worse price with less equity. I'm also assuming he's not going to range merge or anything wild and will just play face up.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:00 AM

shove is my std.

also, i dont really mind the call line, just alot of turns kill our action/etc. call/get it in on a blank turn where our equity is much higher isn't a horrible plan though imo.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
shove is my std.

also, i dont really mind the call line, just alot of turns kill our action/etc. call/get it in on a blank turn where our equity is much higher isn't a horrible plan though imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

second line seems like the best option IMO, if he has a spade draw hes prob not folding to a shove and if he has us beat he def isnt, so just call and get it in on a good turn with better equity against his draws and the chance that hes double barrel bluffing.