Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 10-12-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: 500NL LIVE: KK UTG+1

[ QUOTE ]
I basically l/rr somestimes with AA, KK, and AKs in live games where I want to limp my small pairs, too. If there aren't other hands you want to open limp, though, limp/reraising doesn't make much sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm saying...what game don't you want to limp some stuff like small pairs in EP?
Old 10-12-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really think you're missing out on making a healthy balancing strategy there. I'm guessing that means you almost never open limp in EP huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not very often, but it depends on the table. If it's a very loose passive table I'll limp SC's and small pairs sometimes. But mostly I'm more concerned about having a balanced range when I open raise EP/UTG. My PFR is usually around 8 and I think a lot of players with PFR's in the 5-8 range really hurt themselves because their EP/UTG open raising range often so narrow and therefore readable.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:43 PM

It's a target SPR thing. I will limp all sorts of hands then reraise them. You can say it narrows my range, but sometimes it is a semi-bluff and sometimes it is AQ+/JJ+, so you don't really have any more accurate of a read on me, personally, than if I had raised. The only thing now is, there is more money in the pot when you have a read on my range. Thus, my positional disadvantage sucks less and you can't put me too as much tough decisions postflop.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a target SPR thing. I will limp all sorts of hands then reraise them. You can say it narrows my range, but sometimes it is a semi-bluff and sometimes it is AQ+/JJ+, so you don't really have any more accurate of a read on me, personally, than if I had raised. The only thing now is, there is more money in the pot when you have a read on my range. Thus, my positional disadvantage sucks less and you can't put me too as much tough decisions postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and that too.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was a hand that a friend of mine played a few weeks ago, and since he doesn't like the advice I give him I was hoping you all could help me out.

No reads on either of the players involved in this hand. They both have a full stack($500) and we have them covered($1000).

Table is 7 handed.

Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG+1.

UTG folds, hero calls $5, MP1 calls $5, HJ folds, button raises to $20, the blinds fold, hero reraises to $50, MP1 calls $45, button calls $30.

Flop: ($150) Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]<font color="blue"> (3 players) </font>

Hero bets $100, MP1 raises to $300, button folds, hero reraises to $450 (all-in), MP1 calls.

Did hero play this hand good or bad and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

my comments on the subject are here

also, one of the cool things about throwing some change-ups into your play is your opponents won't know what to do. if they're all gung-ho about folding to limp-reraises, you can do it a lot. if they call 'em, you do it less. i'd be more partial to balancing AA/KK/some AK with some small card hands when balancing is needed.

the AK kills the offered implied odds problem.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:18 PM

This hand was actually from Matt and Sunny's book.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:19 PM

i thought you left?
Old 10-12-2007, 08:44 PM

I think this hand is fine you must consider a couple things.....
THe set mining profitabilty is trumped as along as villians call with hands like aq kq and give action with them (which i think they would at a live 2/5 game).

2. if yout hink villians will only set mine you can then profitabley make this move with a wider range and cbet every flop.

either way was matt is saying that this move in isolation is fine as long as you know what your opponents plan is when you do this. IE keep your range to aa kk cause they are dumb and will give action with wide range. or if they tighten their range loosen yours. this isnt really rocket science.

DLM for mod!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought you left?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 10:39 PM

Hooray!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(Hopefully, this isn't premature...)