Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Wild man that ran good, unusual?

Give me a break or ease my stress

Villian is 85/15 for 47 hands and was 28 BB/100 hands, in that time he wins with two pair 5 times, has JJ, QQ & KK full houses, a straight, a flush, and four 7's (one 7 in pocket). I know this is just $hit happens but it would not stop, the four sevens was near the end just for a little cake icing. Is this just what happens when you play 85/15 but you usually have lots of losses to offset the wins?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Wild man that ran good, unusual?

Perhaps you're playing too small limits? Have you considered moving up a few where there are less 85/15's cramping your style?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:06 AM

If that was normal for 85/15, I would start playing like that myself !

The sample size is small, but sounds like the guy just had a combination of good cards and got lucky. However, over time, you would expect to see that player lose more than they win.

Nonetheless, a LAG will have their share of short-time luck, the same as anyone else. Also, because the LAG plays agressively, when he does get lucky it wont be surprising for him to win some big pots.

If you ever find yourself getting frustrated at your table, it may be best to just stop playing. There is no need to go on tilt. Just take a break for a short while, or perhaps join a different table.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you're playing too small limits? Have you considered moving up a few where there are less 85/15's cramping your style?

[/ QUOTE ]

ibtl
Old 09-19-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If that was normal for 85/15, I would start playing like that myself !

The sample size is small, but sounds like the guy just had a combination of good cards and got lucky. However, over time, you would expect to see that player lose more than they win.

Nonetheless, a LAG will have their share of short-time luck, the same as anyone else. Also, because the LAG plays agressively, when he does get lucky it wont be surprising for him to win some big pots.

If you ever find yourself getting frustrated at your table, it may be best to just stop playing. There is no need to go on tilt. Just take a break for a short while, or perhaps join a different table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it doesn't really tilt me out, it's only nickle/dime but it does pi$$ me off, to sit there stay extra tight preflop and watch this guy go rampant at the table. I looked over my stats and I actually did not do badly against him, I showed him down with JJ vs 77 and QQ vs Ahigh and did not show down any loosers but it was shocking to see a guy run like this
Old 09-19-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ibtl

[/ QUOTE ]

YES
Old 09-19-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Give me a break or ease my stress

[/ QUOTE ]

That'll cost extra.

Also, lol @ nOOb-on-nOOb violence.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:35 AM

Boz, one gotta start somewhere...
Old 09-19-2007, 12:05 PM

Old 09-19-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well it doesn't really tilt me out, it's only nickle/dime but it does pi$$ me off, to sit there stay extra tight preflop and watch this guy go rampant at the table. I looked over my stats and I actually did not do badly against him, I showed him down with JJ vs 77 and QQ vs Ahigh and did not show down any loosers but it was shocking to see a guy run like this

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad that you got some $ from the LAG.

When I have a player like that at my table, I tend to try to isolate them, whenever I have a hand with reasonable showdown value against their range. For example I might raise/3-bet the LAG with something like A9o preflop.

However, if there are already some tight players who have limped/raised pf, I will usually just play my normal game.
Closed Thread