Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: The movement to remove shortstackers!!!

make it a 40bb min and I would be happy/...and I don't think they will change the lower limits. Perhaps make this in effect for 1/2+, or maybe 2/4+ plus. I don't think anyone is asking for this at nl25.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I short stacked for a month or so and I dont understand why everyone hates them so much. While I was short stacking, I noticed so many other TERRIBLE short stackers who put their money in at the wrong times. Also, with any player, you need to adjust. Short stackers who are playing 12 tables at a time do not do much adjusting and are fairly easy to play against.

[/ QUOTE ]

they hate them because at the higher 6max games, shortstackers are the big winnerz
Old 09-12-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
notfreemoney:

I hate your avatar. I spent 30 seconds or so trying to squash that thing on my monitor, until I realized it was your avatar. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some guy just PMed me telling me he was really high and my avatar was buggin him out because he kept looking for more bugs... +2
Old 09-12-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
make it a 40bb min and I would be happy/...and I don't think they will change the lower limits. Perhaps make this in effect for 1/2+, or maybe 2/4+ plus. I don't think anyone is asking for this at nl25.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? At Party I had difficulties in finding an NL10 table with less than 5 short stackers.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-those with fullstack skills feel cheated that someone who plays a less complex style can be just as profitable. Fullstack 'experts' like to feel as though they've earned something, and perhaps they have

[/ QUOTE ]

all they do is exploit the fact that they don't have to adjust to stacksizes, but the ppl with 100bb do(most of the edge comes from players choosing to be -ev vs you in order to be higher +ev vs big stacks)

I wouldn't mind shortstacking if it wasn't for the implied ratholing, since they may be +ev 20bb deep but once it gets to 40-50 it swings back to -ev
Old 09-12-2007, 04:01 PM

diebitter makes a good point (as USUAL, and frankly it's getting kind of old...)

Just like most poker players are bad, most short stackers are bad.

I've lost track of the number of players I've seen who play short but just can't bring themselves to pull the trigger on the flop and get all-in. I don't want to ban shorties simply because I don't want to ban any bad player.

But then I'm still grinding uNL. I'm sure if I played 400NL I'd feel differently.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:35 PM

lol, I just started a 2-hour session about 10 minutes ago, thinking 'if I see any bad SS plays, I'll post them'.

Jeez, there's more bad SS plays than grains of sand in the Sahara.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:02 PM

man, this sucks. I wish they only did it at the lower limits. It is much easier to SS higher limits in all honesty.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
man, this sucks. I wish they only did it at the lower limits. It is much easier to SS higher limits in all honesty.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because higher level players understand when they aren't getting correct implied odds.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's very good

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all it does is ruin play

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell by your post whether you are pro-SS or anti-SSers.

FWIW, I don't really know if I'm for it or against it. But I do know short-stackers mostly cut into my bottom-line. Even when they aren't very good, they cause me and the other players to have to tighten up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've participated in ratholing. I don't know what the big deal is really. At night games tho, it seems pretty profitable since you get those folks calling with AT and so forth.

At any rate, the ratholers do one good thing anyway. They make my winrate wih 85o in LP or sb go up.

However, I agree with the movement. I'd love to see all the games have a minimum buy in of 50x and a max of 200x

[/ QUOTE ]

i rly dont think u want a 50min-200max game (bb-wise). i think this wud kill off fish too quickly. there are caps on games for a reason, and thats to keep the poker ecosystem in tact. i think 100bb is real poker enuff, and maintains the poker ecosystem for quite awhile.

arguments can b made either way, im just sayyin

i wud like if some tables were 200bb deep tho. i used to make a killing playyin deep. (20ptBB/100 over a dec sample).