Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: WSOPCE and the WSOP website, you guys are NOT going to believe this!

Ha! Not only that, they now (halfway through the event) have the structures sheet for at least the WSOPCE for Tunica, the event that is going on right now.

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/to...sp?groupID=359

Now, if they can only get the the structure sheets for the WSOPCE for the Ceasars Indiana event in October, I'd be one very happy camper. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Microbob, well, I do tend to take things seriously, especially when it involves spending my hard earned money. I admit, sometimes it might be better to just let it go, than fight the good fight, but like I said, when it involves something where my money is involved, I just like to have enough information so I can make an informed decision.

BTW, if they publish sheets saying one thing, then change them once you get there, that's a big no no, and they can get in trouble with the gaming commission for that state.

As for me, I was very patient before I got upset about this, I waited several weeks to try to give them a chance here, and it was the last straw when I got that e-mail from Bluff Media.

I don't blame them (Bluff Media) for the screw up about contacting me for the blinds structures, that one lies squarely on the shoulders of Harrahs.

I do however, blame them for taking several weeks to change the drop down box that points to the WSOPCE pages from 2006/2007 to 2007/2008.

I have had a website myself, and have been messing around with computers and BBS systems since the early 1980s.

Even though I tended to write the HTML Code myself (back in the days before there were programs to do it for you), I can tell you it takes less than 5 minutes to make that change.

That one was squarely on Bluff Media's shoulders, even if Harrahs failed to tell them it wasn't changed, Bluff Media should of figured that one out themselves at least a month ago, when they put up on the WSOP website, the press release announcing the 2007/2008 WSOPCE season.

JMHO, FWIW ....
Old 09-07-2007, 10:29 PM

Default Re: WSOPCE and the WSOP website, you guys are NOT going to believe this!

Cincy- I work for one of the organizations in this thread and can tell you that while your statements are valid, 95% of everyone's efforts has been on the WSOPE. There's an order of importance to everything. Unfortunately, the timing of these events is making it difficult to nail down every item. I wish you had been able to get the information you requested in a timely manner. We all realize the importance in getting information out quickly. The growing WSOP circuit and WSOP website are like a giant puzzle. As we continue to move forward, pieces continue to be put in place. Hopefully, in the near future, all details big and small will be dilligently handled. If they're not, I'm sure you'll let us know. Good Luck in your events!
Old 09-07-2007, 11:14 PM

Default Re: WSOPCE and the WSOP website, you guys are NOT going to believe thi

"BTW, if they publish sheets saying one thing, then change them once you get there, that's a big no no, and they can get in trouble with the gaming commission for that state."

I really don't know about how bad a no-no that is.
Seems like just including language that they reserve the right to change the structure at their discretion would mostly cover them.
Harrah's seems to have a history of making some weird changes to their tourneys I thought. But I admit I really don't know much about it. Maybe it isn't as common as I thought and maybe it's a bigger no-no than I thought.
I think it's incredibly inappropriate of course. But just don't know if it's really something that the gaming-commission would be bothered by.

Congrats on getting them to wake the hell up and change a couple things on their site.
Stuff like that bothers the crap out of me too. But I really think this is practically a matter of you doing their job for them by proofing their own site and pointing out where they need to make some pretty obvious corrections.
But it's info you want to know. And if updating the drop-down to read the right year helps bring people to the tourneys then that is something that probably makes playing them more attractive to you as well.
They'll be profiting way more from you pointing out their errors than you will though.

In the very least however, it appears your input really was heard and they actually did make these changes based on your observations.
The idea that they are actually listening to a customer, albeit a persistent one, is something I'm happy to hear.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:48 AM

If you actually get to meet Gary Thompson, you will be speaking with the best person in the organization. I respect Gary a lot, and hold him high esteem.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cincy- I work for one of the organizations in this thread and can tell you that while your statements are valid, 95% of everyone's efforts has been on the WSOPE. There's an order of importance to everything. Unfortunately, the timing of these events is making it difficult to nail down every item. I wish you had been able to get the information you requested in a timely manner. We all realize the importance in getting information out quickly. The growing WSOP circuit and WSOP website are like a giant puzzle. As we continue to move forward, pieces continue to be put in place. Hopefully, in the near future, all details big and small will be dilligently handled. If they're not, I'm sure you'll let us know. Good Luck in your events!

[/ QUOTE ]

Diddly,

The thing is, this whole exchange with Harrahs started a few days after the 1st press release about the WSOPCE (released August 1st (link below)), and the exchange went on for WEEKS with Harrahs support people.

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/ne...e.asp?aid=1716

I was indeed very patient, but I also happen to know, that even when I was at the WSOP the End of June, first part of July, at the very least people there knew about the Tunica Event and that it was going to go off.

Yet, I was begging for information up until a few days prior to that events start, TWO months after I first found out about it when I was at the WSOP in Vegas.

At the very least, the Blinds structures for the Tunica event, should of been posted right away, and for sure, as soon as the PR was sent out on August first, or at the very most a day or two after, that drop down menu should of been changed on the main web site.

Like I said, I don't blame so much Bluff Media in regards to the blinds structures not being posted, as it's obvious from the e-mail I got from the person at Bluff Media, that they too are not getting their information in a timely mannor either.

If Harrahs isn't providing Bluff Media with the needed information, then how can Bluff Media (Harrahs vendor) update the WSOP site with the information so that players can make the decisions needed to choose attending?

If you live in the area, it's more easy, to decide at the last minute, because you don't have to make flight and hotel arrangements a few months in advance (so you can get reasonable prices on both).

However, if you live in the land of no fold 'em hold 'em like I do (I really hate living in Denver due to the max 5 buck bet here on poker), you don't have many choices here to play in major events (if any at all), and you have to travel elsewhere to play in quality games and tournaments. You also have to make wise choices on how to use one's vacation time, and vacation dollar as well.

Having timely information is the key to all of this, to be able to make a wise decision in that case.

BTW, one suggestion that might be made for the WSOP website, is for the 'contact us' page, to have a link for website issues PURELY for the WSOP webpage, that goes straight to Bluff Media (since they are supposed to be responsible for the website), instead of the question going off to Harrahs customer support.

This way if someone notices a problem on the website, Bluff Media will find out right away, instead of it taking weeks to go through the middle people of Harrah's customer support.

One last thing, I'm a very detailed oriented person, and part of what comes with that 'package' of my personality, is that I'm very persistant.

My fav line in a movie, was from Galaxy Quest ...

[ QUOTE ]
Never give up, Never Surrender!

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I play poker that way too. If I think I'm beat, and I'm short stacked, I won't throw in my last chip, simply because it's my last chip. I have indeed won tourneys where I kept my last chip, and scrounged my way back to win it.

I have had people tell me, I'm the last person they'd want to tick off, because of that quality in me. I just won't give up on something, until it's set right.

In any case, I'm glad they've fixed the website, and I hope that Bluff Media gets the information they need soon, to post the details for Ceasars Indiana WSOPCE.

My son still lives in Cincinnati, about 2 hrs away from Ceasars Indiana, and I plan on attending this event the last weekend in October, because I can see him and catch up with him and his new wife, and play in the event at the same time.

I just want to make sure that enough people get the details they need, so they will be there, as it will make a better prize pool.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:02 PM

Meh ... I just got e-mailed a copy of the blinds structures for the Ceasars Indiana events after calling the poker room there.

I forwarded a copy to the Bluff Media Employee who orginally contacted me. Hopefully the events will be posted on the WSOP website soon. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you actually get to meet Gary Thompson, you will be speaking with the best person in the organization. I respect Gary a lot, and hold him high esteem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't doubt that he and other people in Harrah's are good people and even do a solid performance in their jobs. They didn't get to be a multi-zillion dollar corp for nothing....but stuff like this....

[ QUOTE ]

Meh ... I just got e-mailed a copy of the blinds structures for the Ceasars Indiana events after calling the poker room there.

I forwarded a copy to the Bluff Media Employee who orginally contacted me. Hopefully the events will be posted on the WSOP website soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

seem to indicate that there is a real gap in communication between various groups there.
Harrah's can't update their own website without a persistent customer getting on their case about it?
A customer is passing along the information to Harrah's about their OWN tournament to try to help them update their own website?

That's pretty weak.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:21 PM

I think there's just a class of people that don't use the Internet much - STILL. It's kind of amazing, but people not owning computers or using the net? Not that uncommon. It's stupid, but there it is.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I forwarded a copy to the Bluff Media Employee who orginally contacted me. Hopefully the events will be posted on the WSOP website soon. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

CincyLady, if you can forward this email to me it would be greatly appreciated. I must decide whether or not I will go play a couple of those events within a week or so, and who knows exactly when Harrah's will update their site.

So, if you can forward the blind structure email that you recieved to PujolsOfPokr@hotmail.com it would help me out a lot.

Thanks!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2007, 10:51 PM

PujolsOfPokr, Coming your way! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If anyone else wants them before they are posted on the WSOP website, PM me with your e-mail addy, and I will send them to you.