Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 12:56 PM

Default QQ spot 1/2 NL

1/2 NL on stars. It's early in my session, and I don't really know anything about my opponents. I play like 28/25 at this stars 1/2NL over about 6k hands but that's probably irrelevant given that my opponents don't know me well.

I raise QQ UTG to $7. A reasonable lookin guy calls on the button. BB who seems reasonable makes it $28. I sorta have a bad feeling at this point; I go ahead and call and the button calls.

Pot is $85, flop T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks.. seems like he would USUALLY bet AA or KK in this spot on such a nice but drawy flop and two opponents. I go ahead and bet $39 cuz there's a decent chance I have the best hand, and it should help me figure out what is going on. Button folds, and BB calls..

Pot is $163 turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and he checks, $133 left..

What do yall think
Old 08-26-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Re: QQ spot 1/2 NL

shove
Old 08-26-2007, 01:11 PM

Easy shove for the reason stated, that AA or KK usually bets flop. If he is a moron and slowplayed the flop, good on him.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:13 PM

I don't see how you don't go broke here if you're beat. I shove.

I'm not a fan of checking behind to induce anything on the river because of the lines leading up to this point. If he isn't calling a turn shove, he isn't shoving the river. Maybe a heart but I think if he shoves a heart he has them more often then he is representing them, and he will call your turn bet anyways.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:21 PM

so what the heck does this guy have
Old 08-26-2007, 01:24 PM

Seems thin to shove I know, but the fact that you are not folding makes me want to get value from JJ/99/88/spades/hearts/a retard....
Old 08-26-2007, 01:25 PM

if I somehow knew for a fact that he had JJ, isn't checking or betting the turn pretty much a wash
Old 08-26-2007, 01:29 PM

He could have flopped top set or have aces and he's slowplaying trying to trap JJ-KK, he could himself have 99/JJ/QQ and is scared and looking for cheap showdown, I doubt it's KK. Possible he squeezed with like some suited low garbage and flopped decent, but didn't really have a draw strong enough to want to get it in on the flop - so he checked, you bet small, and he talked himself into peeling once. If he knew he was real fishy and passive or something we could put AsKs or whatever in his range, but most players obv come out firing there.

I dunno, when someone squeezes pre and gets called in two spots and then elects to c/c a raggy board something just doesn't seem right.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so what the heck does this guy have

[/ QUOTE ]

a worse hand than you, probably random overcards or a squeeeze where he shutdown putting you on a monster.

Since he hasn't bet yet, its unlikely hes putting any money in unless he improves, so no reason to let him.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if I somehow knew for a fact that he had JJ, isn't checking or betting the turn pretty much a wash

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be except for the fact that if he does have JJ, he's playing it very strangely and fishy and seems highly likely to call it off - so if you knew he had JJ I think it's an easy push expecting to get called.