FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Champions League 2007-08 Thread!*****

Chelsea are such a joke

1 time i want them to win for my bet they can't ughhhh
Old 09-18-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Milan roll 2-1 over Benfica. I missed the match, but it looks like their only goal was a meaningless 90' shot. Could someone PM me with a link to download the game? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone who watched the game provide some insight? From what I read Benfica played fairly well and had quite a few goal opportunites.

As far as the Porto game it was a terrible result for the home team. When you create more scoring opportunities, have more possession and are up a man for about 30 minutes you have to come away with more than 1 point
Old 09-19-2007, 02:41 AM

What is it about Portuguese teams and the flopping?
Old 09-19-2007, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty sick. Chelsea obviously has had the ball most and they've had the most chances, but Rosenborg has been keeping their own defensively for the most part and actually managed to build some good offensive play.

If Rosenborg wins this one it'll be one of the biggest upsets in CL history. Gooooooo!

[/ QUOTE ]

30 freaking shots and 1 goal. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

The goal fear has set in. As someone who has played alot of football competitively (Newlyn Non Athletico in Mining League 2 FTW) I can testify the million occasions when I have had a clear shot on goal, and were I just passing into a space I would have scored easily but the fact that I am shooting at goal makes me scuff or slice etc etc. Players at all levels will testify to this, and this is what makes strikers strikers, the relative lack of the goal fear.

A goal is a big big big target, ask most EPL players just to kick a ball and hit a target area even under pressure from defenders and they will hit that area 90%+ of the time, the reason you get so many off target shots is the goal fear.

If goals have been hard to come by, and you are under pressure to score the the goal fear becomes even worse. This is the problem Jose must solve. He must conquer the goal fear in the mind of the team.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:04 AM
 is offline

I'm really looking forward to Sevilla and Arsenal who are definitely two of the hottest teams right now and in the Lyon-Barca game I think it will be very interesting to get a pointer on how good Lyon will be this year.
They were excellent for most of last year but have lost some good players since.

Yesterday I watched mainly Real Madrid - Bremen which I thought was pretty good.
Bremen is definitely weaker, their Bundesliga results show that as well, than last year where I thought they were almost as good as Chelsea and Barca who they were unfortunate to have in their group.
Especially their defence was full of holes and I've rarely seen a high level game where the off side trap collapsed as consistently as Bremen's did yesterday.
In Diego who is just excellent to watch they still have one of the best players in the world though.

Madrid really looks improved especially attacking wise where they seem much better organized this season than under Capello.
Defensively they of course had some trouble but that mainly happened when Gaga was finally running out of steam and someone like Ramos seemed more interested in 3-1 than trying to save the win.

I saw some of Milan - Benfica too where Milan played really well.
Oddo and Jankulowski with well timed forward rushes non stop and as usual Pirlo orchestrating the whole thing.
Kaka was good too and Inzaghi was Inzaghi.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:18 AM

I want to see the Arsenal/Sevilla game so bad, I hate that Setanta is so damn expensive. It should come in the sports package. Personally, I think ESPN Deportes should to, but I can live with that. I just hate that I spend $12 a month for the "sports" package, and have to spend another $15 on - a sports channel.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bremen is definitely weaker, their Bundesliga results show that as well, than last year where I thought they were almost as good as Chelsea and Barca who they were unfortunate to have in their group.

[/ QUOTE ]

In Bremen's defense, they were missing their best player (Frings) and arguably their second best player (Borowski, who may or may not be better than Diego, it's hard to say) and other key components from their rotation (Clemens Fritz, Wome, and Klasnic and Hunt). Bremen is almost as good as they were last year, and certainly much better than yesterday's team.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Milan roll 2-1 over Benfica. I missed the match, but it looks like their only goal was a meaningless 90' shot. Could someone PM me with a link to download the game? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone who watched the game provide some insight? From what I read Benfica played fairly well and had quite a few goal opportunites.

As far as the Porto game it was a terrible result for the home team. When you create more scoring opportunities, have more possession and are up a man for about 30 minutes you have to come away with more than 1 point

[/ QUOTE ]

Benfica missed a fantastic opportunity to tie the game 1-1, got unlucky there and immediately after Milan made it 2-0. After that Milan is just too good protecting a two goal lead, we didn't create a lot of chances.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to see the Arsenal/Sevilla game so bad, I hate that Setanta is so damn expensive. It should come in the sports package. Personally, I think ESPN Deportes should to, but I can live with that. I just hate that I spend $12 a month for the "sports" package, and have to spend another $15 on - a sports channel.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 09-19-2007, 02:19 PM

I hate being the only Roma fan here, but....

<font color="maroon"> FORZA </font>
<font color="orange">ROMA!!</font>

Roma v. Dynamo Kiev
Anything but 3 pts at home is a disappointment because it won't be that easy traveling to Ukraine in the winter.

Playing amazing calcio in Serie A (Super Coppa winners, 3 for 3 in season play, no goals allowed)

Be ready everybody. You've been warned.

Sevilla v Arsenal should be a great match IMO